Thumbs down for primer pump (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Option 2 Tom- OPTION 2! :D

I was one of them that said contact the vendor- and sure, 'respect for the vendor' is one issue at play- but primarily I say that because you should be able to get your money back or a replacement product. We're not a forum of vendors (I hope) we are a forum of consumers, cruiser owners- we are not here to look after the vendor- but ourselves (I hope)... 'That vendor' (are we gonna have to talk like this now;):D) had just recently proved to me that 'making things right' was high on their priority list- so thats why I said it- the product didn't work, you deserved a new one or your money back- 'that vendor' was IMO likely to give you such.

I for one have gained greatly from your posts. Don't stop now-

my only wish is that you posted this thread 2 days earlier (before I had one ordered and on the way). The fact that I have one of these in my truck already- that it is leaking, that yours has leaked, and that it is an unbranded taiwanese model would have been enough for me- nothing to do with the vendor- all about the product- especially when there appear to be other good options out there.

So I have a new one of these sitting here- waiting to go in... not quite sure what to do.
I suppose at least it is not too hard to replace if it does leak again... and then I will get a refund like you have...
anyway-

carry on posting as you would- forget this storm in a teacup- you've done nothing wrong- and for F's sake, don't go back editing your posts.

thanks,
Hans.

Last edited:
Well Moe's sort-of right. But I haven't just "wet my panties". I've blown two holes clean through them.

Now I gotta my sh*t back together. (And it takes a bit of gathering up.)

Methinks I need timeout for a while!

I'm a "newage sensitive guy" you know! :D

:beer:

I wasn't talking about you. You have the right to approach your situation the way you deem necessary. Personally, I usually get a kick out of your posts but I almost always learn something. Post on!:cheers:

Tom Marbleless,

Keep posting.

I just visited Cuba, a country where the freedom to dis-agree is policed and carefully guarded against.

It is my opinion that we are better off with the relative amount of freedom of expression that we currently possess.

The down side of this freedom is having to accomodate a difference of opinion that at times can be confrontational, personal, or divisive.

The difference of opinions and collective accumulation of experience is why I'm here. I am appreciative of the freedom to associate with y'all and I am willing to put up with being dis-agreed with.

Thanks again.

Rick

Yeah. Thanks everyone. I'm actually a hardy soul (and not really cowering away feeling severely hurt as I may have implied).

We needed to take a stand here otherwise this thread would have stood as a message to all and sundry that free discussion about products on MUD is not acceptable.

Such a message would not have been in our best interests or in the best interests of the owners of this Internet site.

Vendors will continue to be attracted here (and MUD will continue to get their vital advertising revenue) only if we (the ordinary cruiserheads) frequent the site. If we lost the ability to freely discuss the products we buy - then a big slice of the attraction MUD has for us would be lost. And we would certainly leave.

MUD is the BEST 4x4 discussion site I've found on the Internet and I want to keep it that way. (It is streets ahead of any other that I've found.)

We've successfully turned this thread around to make it clear that we want to be able to freely discuss the products we buy.

As with all battles, there were mistakes made, toes trodden on, etc.

Brownbear was right to remove the vendor's name from my thread title. And my judgement was faulty in placing it so prominently there.

It's cost me personally in that now I don't feel comfortable dealing with that supplier. (At least not for quite a while.) I can't possibly be "flavour of the month" with them no matter what they (or anybody else) says to the contrary.

So it's over - I'm opting for option 2.

Not sure I could abstain from posting for much longer anyway.:D

But we must remain vigilant to protect what we see as being of value in MUD.

Don't trust anyone. For all you know - a supplier could give free product to me - (Hey. Anybody out there want to do so? :D:D) - then how could I stop myself from talking positively about them and their product (which I may already be using). It is indeed a twisted world that we live in. So even those of you who I think of as my mates must feel free (if you don't already) to "sock me in the jaw" if you think I'm not being fair or am in any way harming what YOU value in MUD!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

:beer::beer:
:cheers:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom