Thule Escape soft luggage carrier? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
Anybody tried the Thule Escape soft baggage carrier? It's this big square back that sits on the roof and is strapped to the racks.
Feedback?
Any problem with paint damage on the roof?
thanks
Eric

I used one that I got at Target that was great. It's made out of cordura nylon with stout zippers. It sits up on the 80's roof rack when needed and can carry all the sleeping bags(4) 2 tents, 4 camp chairs, 4 sleeping pads and 2 of our 4 clothing bags. Not bad for a $35 Target purchase. It didn't damage the paint in a month long adventure last summer. I have a factory rack and the ribs probably helped prevent the slipping around that might have damaged the paint. The only problem is that it isn't really water proof. Overall, this is a handy and cheap item that adds to the limited storage inside the cruiser. I would guess the Tule bag would be even nicer.

[quote author=Cruiserdrew link=board=14;threadid=9026;start=msg78643#msg78643 date=1072025485]
I used one that I got at Target that was great. It's made out of cordura nylon with stout zippers. It sits up on the 80's roof rack when needed and can carry all the sleeping bags(4) 2 tents, 4 camp chairs, 4 sleeping pads and 2 of our 4 clothing bags. Not bad for a $35 Target purchase. It didn't damage the paint in a month long adventure last summer. I have a factory rack and the ribs probably helped prevent the slipping around that might have damaged the paint. The only problem is that it isn't really water proof. Overall, this is a handy and cheap item that adds to the limited storage inside the cruiser. I would guess the Tule bag would be even nicer.
[/quote]

Ha Ha, Just where is the limited size and storage in an 80 series? Or how about a 60 series? Does the Coffey maker get in the way? I have a bunch of room in my 62; what I dont have room for I pull in the trailer, if required. No matter what I would never put a big black condom ontop o my truck. it holds little and costs a lot.

>>Ha Ha, Just where is the limited size and storage in an 80 series?

Hey DD ever pack up for 4 for a month in an 80 series? It isn't pretty. And no the coffee maker stayed at home, just the Melita cone made the trip! My only point was that the bag adds to the versitility of the wagon. I wish I had an offroad trailer but I don't and the bag was a cheap solution. No offense intended-I love my wagons and want another!

I have the Thule hard top case, holds double stroller, two pack-N-plays and leave room inside for luggage and coolers. Nice way to add lockable space ......you can tell who has kids and who doesn't ;)

I've used the Samsonite soft luggage carrier for a 800 mile trip. Picked it up locally for $50 and it fits perfectly inside the factory luggage rack. No paint damage as I waxed the roof prior to the trip.

John

We used the $30 Target special on a 1100-mile trek last week. Worked a treat. :cheers:

It's two bags, one almost square and the other the same length but slimmer and with wheels on one end like a rolling duffle. They fit inside the rails of the OEM roof rack, and an octagonal tarp covers both and hooks into the rails at two points per rail.

Once I squared away all of the loose ends so nothing flapped, it rode quiet as a mouse. I had to remember to visually check through the sun roof once every hour or so to make sure they were still on board.

Not secure, but cheap. then again, how hard would it be to remove that hard-case Thule, throw it in the back of a van or pickup, and worry about the lock somewhere more private?
:whoops:

LT
8)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom