Thule Bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don’t know about the Thule crossbars, I had some bars fabbed up to use with the old school gutter clamp mounts, they have just enough clearance above the lid who work. My roof rack slides on and off easy, my rod vault bolts on, and I’m currently looking for a used ski rack to bolt on in the winter.

I’ll try to dig up a pic.

I think I’ve seen a post or two about a direct bolt on modern rack somewhere here, either a Yakima or Thule.

Here's a sample of what I'm working with.

20190519_212436.jpg
20190518_115531.jpg
20190518_194005.jpg

And because roof rack is narrower than the hardtop I can center it and still have room to mount other items.

Like fly rods.

20200524_123542.jpg
20200523_094352.jpg
20200524_123553.jpg

I don’t know about the Thule crossbars, I had some bars fabbed up to use with the old school gutter clamp mounts, they have just enough clearance above the lid who work. My roof rack slides on and off easy, my rod vault bolts on, and I’m currently looking for a used ski rack to bolt on in the winter.

I’ll try to dig up a pic.

I think I’ve seen a post or two about a direct bolt on modern rack somewhere here, either a Yakima or Thule.
you are a known expert. I have a 1910 garage and I need to go fairly low and measure to see if I'll clear. And also not tell my wife this. I am open to all and any crossbar ideas. I've found a few but I'd prefer to defer to someone knowledgable!

rkmtnflyfisher..... just picked up some of the smittybilt high gutter clamps, if I were to look for steel cross bars like yours, what would I be looking for?
So I took my Con-Ferr roof rack in to a local metal shop and had them bend some metal up to match the contours of the rails on the bottom of the rack. Something that would act as a cradle for the rack to make it easy to slide on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom