Thud w/ AHC N to L (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search but did not come up with anything relevant. When lowering the vehicle from N to L I will occasionally get hear a thud, usually two to three thuds in a row. The ahc pressures are in spec, king Coils installed (no spacers) and fluid was recently flushed. The system works great other wise. The sound is intermittent it does not do it every time, probably 1 in 6-8 cycles. Any suggestions? Was thinking a bushing would maybe be the culprit?

Mine does the same thing, probably from suspension parts flexing or your drive shaft sliding due to the angle of it once you lower. You sure no air in your system?

Mine does the same thing, probably from suspension parts flexing or your drive shaft sliding due to the angle of it once you lower. You sure no air in your system?
It's a new thing, I've had the truck for about a year and it just started doing it in the last few months. I could try another bleed. It does not thud when being raised or from H to a N iirc. I'll see if I can dial where the noise is coming from.

Is the thud happening when you are on Park or on Drive? If its on Drive it’s possible it could be one or more front diff bushings that may need to get replaced. If the thud is happening when on Park (P), it could be the upper/lower arm bolts or upper/lower arm ball joints. I would start with a thorough inspection on the front end (ball joints, TREs, upper/lower arm bolts).

Does the thud sound occur with the vehicle actively going down in the front or rear, or when it has "stopped" moving at the front or rear (and either the cycle is done or the opposite end starts moving)?

If it happens mid-movement I'd be a tad concerned, otherwise not really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom