Thrust washer specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.mntoyx4.com
So I'm getting ready to install my aussie locker, and the instuctions speak about making sure the thrust washers are in spec (ie thickness). I called the dealer to see if I could just get some new ones to be sure, and they told me that I need to tell them how thick I want them. They have a few different thickness ones and can't tell me which ones to use.

What's a guy supposed to do?

Found the answer by searching the LMCL. if anyone is interested:
At the factory they have a range of thickness thrust washer to use depending on the clearances of the case after assembly. In order to detirmine the thickness of the washer you need, you have to assemble everything then measure clearances :p.

Which means that I have to install my locker, then check clearances with a feeler gauge, and if it is out of spec than I need to uninstall and have toyota order the stupid washer.

Or just order a double set of them all and have them around like I did :D

They're not TOO expensive.

Jody. -- who can't wait...

When I called they wanted like $7-$10 each. If I were to buy 3 sets of 2 @ $7 that's like $42. I figure I'll go ahead and install it with the existing ones, then check the clearances. If they are off I'll either take it out and order them, or I know I've got another set somewhere in the gayrage.

[quote author=7FootYeti link=board=1;threadid=6161;start=msg49658#msg49658 date=1065817056]
When I called they wanted like $7-$10 each. If I were to buy 3 sets of 2 @ $7 that's like $42. I figure I'll go ahead and install it with the existing ones, then check the clearances. If they are off I'll either take it out and order them, or I know I've got another set somewhere in the gayrage.
[/quote]

If you get stopped, I am sure that I have MANY of these laying around at the shop...

Let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom