Throwout Bearing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been to a bunch of auto supply stores and local mechanics and still cannot find what I need. I am looking for a throwout bearing for my setup and even have Rich at Centerforce doing some looking for me.

I have a 1980 Chevy v8 small block with a GM sm420 10 spline trani. The trani collar on the shaft is 1.5 inches. The clutch is the Centerforce II with the fingers that bend back in a little. My clutch fork is a Chevy 12 inch fork(#14563), iron cast made from 1960-1990(according to the books). There are no retaining clips on the fork itself therefore they need to be on the throwout bearing.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Bob

AA? They sell clutch kits for sbc/420 conversions.

This is a really old gm number for the throwout bearing you probably need, 908244. There are no retaining clips on my bearing or fork. The fork fits over a collar on the back of the throw-out bearing

AA offers a bearing with contoured face. Is that what you need for the Centerforce clutch with "bent" fingers? Wouldn't be surprised.

Turns out the sm420 with the 1.5 inch collar on the input shaft comes out of a 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 ton truck. That means the fork I had was too small. I was set straight by Gordie at Stick Only Transmissions in Sun Valley, Ca. He was a huge help.

I had called AA first but the guy on the line was not helpful at all with a tone of attitude. Turned me off to AA.

Thanks again fellas for the info. Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom