Throwing parts at a 60 build thread. Now Featuring V8 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hah. Biting fingernails is bad. But I also never get the black s*** and grinding dust underneath so it’s got it’s ups and downs

Fingers crossed that the legs didn’t warp while welding them up

0523606F-B626-41B9-8E1B-66C4D0A26A1F.jpeg

I don’t see why people hate snake blinders so much. I had them on my 87 4Runner. And all but 2 clips on my snake blinders on my 60 were busted so I ordered all new male and female clips.

C0228E37-D9DC-425D-805C-DC15E3DEFE21.jpeg

49F97BCE-493D-4C26-8731-6C1A3ACFB425.jpeg

The 60 is still completely covered with grinding dust. Going to wash it after the bumper is on.

Oh yeah my @TRAIL TAILOR bumper arrived. It’s some serious bling.

B51D8EE2-3A48-48B4-B830-28A1E7A9CDEB.jpeg

B37D59DE-0FC3-4F88-B7B6-4B63D9390773.jpeg

It got the rustoleum treatment and hopefully I can get the frame rivets out tomorrow to get it mounted up.

49429FEB-0C18-46C0-AC88-351C111A51F6.jpeg

960B1848-821F-493E-9893-565B30A99569.jpeg

58978B8A-15B3-468E-A7C3-ABAAD77102E1.jpeg

12736271-8674-429E-ACF1-93BE7CD2B480.jpeg

the fairlead is so freaking nice. It is a flush mount into the bumper. Kinda a shame that a little Warn M8-s is going to be behind it but whatever.

A95041EC-43F4-41E7-AEC0-35C422D54C56.jpeg

That is a sweet bumper.

Does it have any up/down adjustability like the later ARB does? It looks like it could be moved up a bit and close up the gap to the headlights and gain a bit of approach angle.
There’s no up down adjustability, but there is some front and back adjustability. The holes are about 1 inch or so long so you can tuck the winch in pretty close

I have one of those Warren Wenches and it’s plenty stout.

you’ve used the warren 8,000 on a 60? I was worried it would be underpowered. Most people use the 9.5 or 8274 from what I was seeing. I got the 8000 with synthetic rope for a price I couldn’t turn down from a jeeple here in town

There’s no up down adjustability, but there is some front and back adjustability. The holes are about 1 inch or so long so you can tuck the winch in pretty close

you’ve used the warren 8,000 on a 60? I was worried it would be underpowered. Most people use the 9.5 or 8274 from what I was seeing. I got the 8000 with synthetic rope for a price I couldn’t turn down from a jeeple here in town
I agree with Nolen. Unless you sink the 60 in mud up to its floor pan, 8K will be fine. Once you eliminate any air gap between the bottom of the rig and the mud, you might as well call for help.

If 8k worries you, carry a snatch block. 8k becomes 16k with this small magical device.

Yes. It’s fine. Just stay out of them Wolf River

you’re telling me you dont want to go wheelin down there in the bottoms here in town?

I agree with Nolen. Unless you sink the 60 in mud up to its floor pan, 8K will be fine. Once you eliminate any air gap between the bottom of the rig and the mud, you might as well call for help.

that makes me feel a ton better. The guy I bought the 8k from replaced it with an 8274 on his TJ. So basically no mud boggin in the swamps here in Memphis

If 8k worries you, carry a snatch block. 8k becomes 16k with this small magical device.

That was my emergency plan so far. Figured the double line pull is a little more work but should work anywhere I’m doing single line

Last edited:
Also, for reference the 8274 is rated for 8,000lbs as well. The newer 6hp units are rated for 10 I think.

Also, for reference the 8274 is rated for 8,000lbs as well. The newer 6hp units are rated for 10 I think.
Yeah but we all know the 8274 really pulls one MILLION pounds

Met up with a pretty cool guy from Chicago today. He works for an airline and just flew in for free and I met him at the departures lane of the airport. He picked up my front bumper and tow hook and hardware that i put in a box, and he turned around and flew right back. What a great way to get around paying for shipping!

Any of you guys using the Quadratec center console in the 60? Im looking at those and the tuffy boxes. The quadratec looks a little more comfortable and it looks like its got a spot where you can add switches to the front if i ever get seat heaters from cameron

Forgot to post some updates in the past few weeks.

So after getting some armor going, my GFC tent finally got here so we went to LBL on the busiest weekend of the year to try it out.

pSALYDGl.jpg

This tent is really nice in its simplicity. Not many moving parts, super easy to use, and super affordable as far as RTTs go. The main reason I bought it is because it weighs about 80 lbs. I can put this tent on and remove it alone in my driveway with little to no effort and no help lifting it up onto the 60. Just get it on the back and slide it up and youre done. I dont really have any interest in having a tent on my truck all of the time so this is nice.

WkWUX7S.jpg

Wife approved

So after wheelin some at turkey bay ORV with the carb that would die on any incline, and all 4 tires jamming the wheel wells, Figured some OME add a leafs would be the cheapest solution. While i was in there i did some caster shims and the truck drives perfect now. No more rub. I would one day like to do the 80 axles and coil conversion on this thing, but the way its set up now will definitely be more than sufficient until that day comes, if it ever does.

Completely loaded down:

e7zDwFil.jpg

eCysVdEl.jpg

0BSI5Kgl.jpg

So far, nothing but good times with the 60. Do need to get the tent straighter next time. And the carb has got to go.

ZW9AgBjl.jpg

The wifes 100 series got to finally see some off road time this past weekend and also towed our pop up to NW Arkansas. I was suprised how awesome the 100 did. Towed that tiny camper like a champ.

lVw0mm9l.jpg

PE5Y6Vvl.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom