Through bumper OEM tow hitch and bike rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,
I wanted to install a tow hitch bike rack but when I got home I noticed the receiver hits the spare tire when using the through bumper tow hitch. Am I doing something wrong or do I need an extender?

Par for the course. Options are to move the tire to the cargo area, get a bike rack with a shorter receiver tube (or cut yours), or get an extender for the hitch.

Par for the course. Options are to move the tire to the cargo area, get a bike rack with a shorter receiver tube (or cut yours), or get an extender for the hitch.
Do we need this attachment in order for the bike tow hitch to work? The stock hole in the bumper hitch seems slightly too big?

b2xy6adtsoyqstwkefm-1g-jpg.2055641

Thank you for the confirmation, I've been digging around on MUD but is there any alternative? I see some on ebay, etc but they're still going for a pretty penny.
Not that I'm aware of. The cheapest I can find it new (part # 51990-60010) is $110 from Partsouq, but looks like they're currently out of stock. Might be worth checking your local salvage yards, or posting a wanted ad in the MUD classifieds, to get a used one for cheap.

if you have time I will no longer need my hitch receiver when I get my 4x4 labs bumper built. probably be a few weeks until I get there, though. Also, fwiw, I would only use the Toyota/Lexus part here, not some aftermarket piece. Were the aftermarket piece to fail somehow you'd own all the liability if something bad happened.

if you have time I will no longer need my hitch receiver when I get my 4x4 labs bumper built. probably be a few weeks until I get there, though. Also, fwiw, I would only use the Toyota/Lexus part here, not some aftermarket piece. Were the aftermarket piece to fail somehow you'd own all the liability if something bad happened.
Please let me know! And that's a good point especially for something like towing

I've just cut a small angle off of my inserts to clear the spare.it sticks out past the receiver so there is no loss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom