Through bumper exhaust (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here's the process
Through bumper exhaust was next on my list. After an extensive search I found a company called Dr Gas Dr. Gas - X-Overs, Oval Tubing, Performance Exhaust Manufacturer. I was looking for oval exhaust pipe. Since these guys do stuff for track racing, it makes sense.
I ordered a 10" piece of 3" round to 3" oval Which turns out to be about 2.5" X3.5", which is perfect to fit in between the tubes, on the metal tech bumper
The crossmember needed to be violate, Bellydoc handled that with his plasma cutter, when we refit the tube bumper.
I took a hole saw and cut 2 separate hole in the trim, between the tubes and leveled out the space in the middle . Here are a few in process pics, of the install .
I recommend these guys to get your exhaust work done. Fair price and excellent results.
Apache Muffler Incorporated
* (480) 964-9272
720 W Main St, Mesa, AZ 85201
When he cut off the tailpipe it was clear the Magnaflow was completely empty. Since he did this system a few years ago, he called his supplier and they warrantied it. So I get a new one.
IMG_0070.jpg

3" in 3" out

IMG_0072.jpg

Pablo really knew how to get this done right.

IMG_0082.jpg

The way he hung it, I think I wont have any problem with it rattling, against the frame or bumper.
IMG_0085.jpg

Here ya go

IMG_0075.jpg

Kind of dark to get a good pic, on the ground. I'll post a different one tomorrow . It sounds good in the cab too. Not as loud but it's deep and mellow, with the new muffler.

DSCN3576.jpg

No problem with strength. The Metal Tech tube bumper exceeds the strength of the cross member.
I may dress the opening around the pipe I have an idea for that too
thanks Don

:clap:NIce!

I like this, but I have to wonder. Does you back window roll down? And if so, any exhaust fumes inside while driving?

No ...I guess that answers the second question too. The back window pops open if you want it to, but I have rarely used it .
My exhaust exited right inside the same crossmember I cut a hole in. I can't see it being any worse for carbon monoxide, than it was before.
thanks
Don

Just curious. I've seen some Jeeps get unexpected results with rear exit fumes coming in. Even the difference of a few inches cut off the tip changed it.:frown:

looks pretty good dude.

Looks good, but gota ask, why 3"?

It was all about the symmetry around the tubes of the bumper. That being said, if the space allowed for a 12", I wouldn't have increased it to 10".
Most muffler tips are a minimum of 2.5 to 3" (Except for the old stinger look). Since I went through all the bother to go through the bumper, I just wanted it to look right. I know it's overkill to the size that comes stock, but given the size of the truck, I just thought the oval being 2.5 x 3.5 was about perfect for looks. I didn't want it to look like a ricer, low rider. with a garbage can sized tip:grinpimp:
thanks
Don

Thank you for bringing a tasteful execution of exhaust tipping into the autmotive world, rather than the current trend.......
:D
coffee_can_tip.jpg

Just curious. I've seen some Jeeps get unexpected results with rear exit fumes coming in.

I did in the 40 when Truckwerks first routed the exhaust straight out the back :doh:

had to go back out behind the driver's side rear tire again :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom