Throttle linkage removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
howdy.

I'm replacing the intake/exhaust manifold gasket on my recently acquired fj60. My chilton manual sucks and I can't figure out how to disconnect my throttle. I have the two pins out. Any help?

(I have one bar of 4g on my phone, makes searching hard to impossible.)

very simple. if you have the pins out all you have left to do is separate the other connections with the ball & clip configuration.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was supposed to separate the clips.. didn't want to hurt anything. took 1 second :)

This is my first carbonated car.. ha.

Wait, what? I have to take my carb off to rebuild it and was looking at the linkage. Can I just unsnap the ball end on the short rod to the carb, and that's it? Do the ball ends just push on/off?

I've been searching all night but the steps to disconnect the carb are not really explained. What are the pins you speak of? Do you mean the clips on the pivot rod from bellcrank to carb?

So it looks like this when you get the carb off (borrowed this pic from another thread):
attachment.php

I know how to get the choke cable off.

Last edited:
Not worth a reply I guess... must be a one :wrench: job.

:flipoff2:

I'm not the best guy to answer this question and may have taken the linkage too far apart.. but the little half circle clips at the end of the rods just spring out to release the balls.

only thing worth mentioning here is that it's possible to reinstall the linkagebackwards, and then petal to the floor = 75% full throttle.

Oh I am good. I took a look after the air cleaner was off and realized it just pops on and off the carb link, and you only really have to take out the ball clip at the carb end. The plate that has the socket comes off when the carb does as its held by the two driver side carb nuts. Easy peasy.
thcarb1_zpsxebdbnc6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom