Throttle linkage help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can someone please post a quick pick of how their cotter pins are in place on their 60’s throtle linkage please? Long story short, I did my intake/exhaust gaskets, and thought I put the pins in the same way I took them out per the pics I took, but one keeps intermittently popping out at the worst times. Help would be appreciated!

here is a thread I found doing a google search. The cotter pin slips across the tab that sticks out on the ball socket. place the ball end into the socket then slip the cotter pin across the socket. This prevents the ball from popping out.

It's the picture that is labeled 1983 FJ40: May 1981 FJ40 Throttle Linkage Question

the long linkage coming off the firewall?

20190116_102132.jpg

20190116_102137.jpg

This is the one that keeps popping out. I’ve tried every configuration of the cotter pin but it’s still happening. I’m obviously doing something wrong. Do you have a closeup of that one? I think the ball is supposed to go in the socket, then the cotter pin around it somehow.

BFC7FB8D-5F9A-4CC1-AFC1-17641651D628.jpeg

Last edited:
here is a thread I found doing a google search. The cotter pin slips across the tab that sticks out on the ball socket. place the ball end into the socket then slip the cotter pin across the socket. This prevents the ball from popping out.

It's the picture that is labeled 1983 FJ40: May 1981 FJ40 Throttle Linkage Question
NICE! exactly what I needed. Mine are indeed installed wrong. Thanks so much! Now I feel stupid, lol.

Last edited:
That is the cleanest set of 60 carb linkage I have ever seen...

thanks ! :)

it's actually been De-Greased , Media Blasted , then Re-Electroplated in Silver Zinc Alloy

ALL New OEM parts like the Ball & Socket black clips , nylon bushings , Hair Pins , Grommets, Bushings , Cushions , Bolts etc ....

I do everything myself in-house by-hand the Traditional Toyota Way

Vendor - ( Complete ) Restored FJ60 2F Carburetor Accelerator Throttle Linkage Brackets Torque Rods Kit

DSCN9970 - Copy.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom