Throttle Body Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1FZFE throttle body part question: My independent shop has my throttle body removed. I noticed that one of the parts connected to the throttle body is damaged. The part is near where the accelerator cable comes to the throttle body. It appears to possibly be spring loaded and moves with accelerator cable movement. It looks like a black pastic bucket with a black plastic cap on it. It doesn’t have any plumbing outlets or connectors. Not labeled as a Toyota brand part. The manufacturer’s name possibly starts with an A? I didn’t have my glasses on. Anybody able to identify the part or have part #? I looked online and can’t find any diagrams that clearly show this part.

Are you referring to the dashpot? Was it damaged before the Throttle Body was removed??

Part highlighted in green (22202) below?

Throttle Body diagram 1FZFE.png

Last edited:
1FZFE throttle body part question: My independent shop has my throttle body removed. I noticed that one of the parts connected to the throttle body is damaged. The part is near where the accelerator cable comes to the throttle body. It appears to possibly be spring loaded and moves with accelerator cable movement. It looks like a black pastic bucket with a black plastic cap on it. It doesn’t have any plumbing outlets or connectors. Not labeled as a Toyota brand part. The manufacturer’s name possibly starts with an A? I didn’t have my glasses on. Anybody able to identify the part or have part #? I looked online and can’t find any diagrams that clearly show this part.

Can you post a picture? Also, what year?

If it's located on the rear aspect of the Throttle Body, facing the firewall,
black plastic, it's the Dashpot Assembly (see diagram above). And if
that is the part, it's apparently discontinued from Toyota (22202-66030).

See photos below (AISAN highlighted with white paint)

Dashpot 1FZFE.jpg

WP_20201124_20_36_15_Rich.jpg

Last edited:
If it's located on the rear aspect of the Throttle Body, facing the firewall,
black plastic, it's the Dashpot Assembly (see diagram above). And if
that is the part, it's apparently discontinued from Toyota (22202-66030).

See photos below (AISAN highlighted with white paint)

View attachment 2506019

View attachment 2506020
Yes, thank you. That’s the part. The plastic edge of the cap is chipped off and looks like contaminants / moisture could possibly get in. I’ll try to hunt one down. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom