Throttle Body Mounting Studs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

awesomeissquid

SILVER Star
Threads
So I have an interesting question I have been trying to find an answer to and am hoping to get some help. When I rebuilt my replacement 2003 engine and swapped over the necessary parts for it to work in my 2000 LC, I failed to noticed the intake manifolds had different length studs in the upper mounting holes for the throttle body.

These are the studs I am referring to (red arrows). This is just an image I grabbed from the web. It shows the shorter studs that I need.
Throttle Body Studs.png

Looking back, with more sleep than I had at the time, the difference is obvious since the two engines use different throttle bodies. Anyway, by the time we were mounting the throttle body and realized the mistake, the old engine had been sent to the scrap yard. Luckily, we used the 2003 intake manifold which had the longer studs installed than what the 2000 throttle body needed. Using a stack of washers on each side we took up the extra space and got everything assembled properly.

FSM Throttle Body.png

Fast forward to now and I am finally looking to correct the mistake. I have searched all the typical dealer sites and reviewed part catalogs for the three mounting pieces (2x bolts, 2x nuts, 2x studs) and it seems each site lists a different model number. I am hoping that someone might know the correct one before I just start randomly ordering from my growing list of possibilities.

Throttle Body PNs.png

And for your viewing pleasure, here is the "temporary" abomination installed a little over a year ago.

Throttle Body Installed.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom