Three more feet... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
...on top of the 2 feet of snow from last week. Already 2 feet since late afternoon.

I'm staying at my in-laws' in the mountains above Golden, CO for those that don't know. We had intended to head to Durango for a ski weekend tomorrow before heading to Abq but now I'm just hoping we'll get back by Easter.

Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow if I can get the door open...

Yeah, we're looking right now at more than a couple of feet at the Jemez N/S divide today and tomorrow. I was thinking of going over FS 103 from Cuba to Coyote for a possible New Years Day snow run, but that might not be possible...

Then again, that's what makes for a challenging day. It will, as always, be a "learning experience" and there should be lots of experience there.

I'm going to stop by Discount Tire in Santa Fe tomorrow to see if they actually have a new siping machine...

P.S. "Get the door open"?? Dive out an upstairs window dude. Be adventurous.

I bet you left the Cruiser home, didn't you......:doh:

I bet you left the Cruiser home, didn't you......:doh:

I was trying to decide whether to take the Outback or LC the day before we left but then the truck threw a code so the decision was made. Frankly, on a plowed, icy road I'd rather be in the Suby with all it's traction control & ABS doo-dads...

The storm wasn't as bad as forecast so we'll make a run for Durango manana, snow spirits willing.

I was trying to decide whether to take the Outback or LC ... but then the truck threw a code so the decision was made.

Dang Chebby POS. :grinpimp:

I was trying to decide whether to take the Outback or LC the day before we left but then the truck threw a code so the decision was made. Frankly, on a plowed, icy road I'd rather be in the Suby with all it's traction control & ABS doo-dads...

The storm wasn't as bad as forecast so we'll make a run for Durango manana, snow spirits willing.

If you had an 80 you would have that extra "fluff".........:grinpimp:

If you had an 80 you would have that extra "fluff".........:grinpimp:

Sorry but an 80 doesn't have computer-controlled traction control that modulates both power and brakes to each wheel. Or gets 29 mpg. :flipoff2:

we got 2 feet by 3pm today here at work. it's still snowing now. i got to use the little 'Gator' to plow our drive and parking lot today. i'll get to use a strap tomorrow since i plowed an ton of snow against 3 sides of my buddy's truck.:D (on pupose, i'm evil) we all get to watch to see if he can get out first.:popcorn:

Sorry but an 80 doesn't have computer-controlled traction control that modulates both power and brakes to each wheel. Or gets 29 mpg. :flipoff2:

29mpg don't mean s*** if the tyres are spinning in place...............;)

Last edited:
...on top of the 2 feet of snow from last week. Already 2 feet since late afternoon.

I'm staying at my in-laws' in the mountains above Golden, CO for those that don't know. We had intended to head to Durango for a ski weekend tomorrow before heading to Abq but now I'm just hoping we'll get back by Easter.

Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow if I can get the door open...

What's yer status, Greg? Got my phone number?
Jennie is in Albuquerque with the Cruiser, so I'm stuck with a Subie as well, withOUT all the fluff! So it will stay parked under a mere 6 inches. If I need to go anywhere it'll be via Merlin.
juane

What's yer status, Greg? Got my phone number?
Jennie is in Albuquerque with the Cruiser, so I'm stuck with a Subie as well, withOUT all the fluff! So it will stay parked under a mere 6 inches. If I need to go anywhere it'll be via Merlin.
juane

I tried riding into work this morning. Felt like the deepest sand I've ever riden in. Couldn't get the bike to push forward and gave up.

I gotta find me one of those fancy drag behind the SUV snow plow blade me thinks!

I gotta find me one of those fancy drag behind the SUV snow plow blade me thinks!

No, dont do it. This will scare all the snow away. A guy I work with got a snow blower about 3 years ago after a winter of heavy snow in the Jemez, and he did not get to use til this last storm.

Vince

I drove down from Reno to ABQ on Friday/Saturday in my car. The weather was great and the roads were dry and clear all the way until we got to Albuquerque. It got really foggy after Grants, but was still dry. It did not get bad until I get into town off the main roads.

Yesterday I did a loop up through the Jemez and then past Bandelier and Los Alamos and came back through Santa Fe. 4 was dry the whole way, but there was some DEEP snow right off the main road. You won't have to go very far to have fun. Saw a couple in an 80 snowshoeing at Battleship Rock, looked like fun.

Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you from Reno to ABQ?

My girlfriend and I drove from Reno to Henderson on Friday. It took us about seven and a half hours, but that included a short stop for dinner in Hawthorne. Saturday we drove from Henderson to Albuquerque, it took us about 10 hours but that included a fairly substantial stop for lunch (probably about an hour). We were doing about 90 mph in my Evo most the time, the weather was clear and I only saw one highway patrol officer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom