Land Cruisers spotted in Traverse City (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A Hagerty meet up would be great. McKeel Hagerty and I went to high school together. We even played in a band together back in the day. His dad bought some wrecked Porsches out of Colorado when we were in Junior high. McKeel and his pops worked in his 911 for a couple years and restored it. I remember him driving it to prom his senior year. It was a gorgeous car. He still has it, and a whole pile of other really cool cars. Cool local story re: his father’s hunt for an original Dunes Mobile....

McKeel is taking Hagerty in a number of new directions outside the insurance business. ed

TCEd - I noticed your avatar - German shorthair. How’s grouse and woodcock season treating you? Also - finally found a lower tailgate through Ed out in Colorado at Classic Cruisers. My FJ60 is heading into Olson’s Auto Body in two weeks for a a bumper to bumper rust removal and paint.

TCEd - I noticed your avatar - German shorthair. How’s grouse and woodcock season treating you? Also - finally found a lower tailgate through Ed out in Colorado at Classic Cruisers. My FJ60 is heading into Olson’s Auto Body in two weeks for a a bumper to bumper rust removal and paint.

I gave up rifle and shotgun shooting and playing hockey after a significant cervical spine surgery in 2014. We do have some nice woods where he gets to run free and do his thing with birds ( skunk recently). Gamble is his name, he was one of the last litters out of Abbey Lane kennels. We've had a series of shorthairs and they are a amazing breed. Olson's did some nice work on my Subaru last year.
I went to the Hagerty garage open house yesterday evening and was impressed. ed

Wife and I just spent 3 days in TC this week...only saw a couple 100 series. Kind of bummed. Guess it’s to chilly to have the 40’s out!
We drove ours Thursday evening around town. Even had the heater on. ed

Was it Me?? just saw this old thread. Moved the 40 up north about a month ago for good. Hopefully you'll see her on some ice-cream runs to TC. Love the ice boating pics! Lets get a TC meet and greet going next summer. Anyone doing Iceman next weekend??

fjwhaler.JPG

Was it Me?? just saw this old thread. Moved the 40 up north about a month ago for good. Hopefully you'll see her on some ice-cream runs to TC. Love the ice boating pics! Lets get a TC meet and greet going next summer. Anyone doing Iceman next weekend??

Think it was you at the DNR ramp by Hilltop road. Similar pic. of ours with the Mako Ed

m.jpg

Well done! That’s a tough race with a huge turnout.

Powderjay, I don’t know if you are aware of this but your 911 turbo and Cayenne turbo were worked on at my shop/house in Waterford by Stephen.

Last weekend my wife and I took a “random” color tour to just get out of the house. Since I was driving I couldn’t get on mud and see who might be available up there to meet for whatever, and we only had the ‘15 Camry. So every Seasonal road sign I saw along any regular road grated me.

Ed sent me his contact that I will follow up with for likely later road trips. My shoulder is improving a month after surgery so I am determined to get the 80 driveable.

My daughter’s BF is doing the Iceman. We’ll be at the finish to cheer. The FJ60 is at Olson’s getting some rust/paint help and won’t be out till 11/15. Then straight to the pole barn for winter. If you see a Silver Gen 1 Sequoia w/ a lift and black tubed metal sliders, that’s me and my winter truck. Maybe a next summer get-to-gether at the old Holiday Inn now West Bay Beach Resort? Parking is usually easy and the view from the Tiki Bar/Deck over West Bay is nice.

My daughter’s BF is doing the Iceman. We’ll be at the finish to cheer. The FJ60 is at Olson’s getting some rust/paint help and won’t be out till 11/15. Then straight to the pole barn for winter. If you see a Silver Gen 1 Sequoia w/ a lift and black tubed metal sliders, that’s me and my winter truck. Maybe a next summer get-to-gether at the old Holiday Inn now West Bay Beach Resort? Parking is usually easy and the view from the Tiki Bar/Deck over West Bay is nice.

My wife Fran and I will be handing out beer for tokens in the afternoon . Look for a broken down old man and his cute wife. Seems like there's enough vehicles in the area for a get together. Ever go to Perrin's landing on Lake Leelanau ? Another good location for a meet up along with West Bay. Ed

Awesome to hear the 60 is getting some love!!

Wife and I just spent the past 7 days in TC and stayed at the West Bay Beach Resort. Just got home this evening! We love hanging out up there.

Awesome to hear the 60 is getting some love!!

Wife and I just spent the past 7 days in TC and stayed at the West Bay Beach Resort. Just got home this evening! We love hanging out up there.

Next time contact me, I'm known to buy beers for visitors to T.C. ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom