Land Cruisers spotted in Traverse City (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice 40! Looks like a factory pto winch on there, cool. Yeah, the bezel around the headlights is upside down. The wide part actually is supposed to be on top. There are lots of "bezel police" on ih8mud.

Great you are teaching your daughter to drive the manual transmission. My 17 year old is getting the swing of it on my FJ40. She has already laid claim to it so she has to get that one down!

Just stumbled across this thread... I grew up in Leelanau and have a 74 FJ40 that i keep up there. [Disclaimer - Not fortunate enough to live there now, but i am a true native, born in Northport] I guess when i go back home I'm a fudgie now :doh:... Anyway, Every spring Northport has a cars in the park. Even if you don't register, we should have a Northern Michigan 40 get together at the event.

There is a Mudder with a red 40 from Brighton, house on Elk Lake that keeps it up here. I think it's a '79. I feel more at home at the Elks Soccer games in a driving rain than Glen Arbor in summer.

We sail our iceboats on Elk Lake.
jx.jpg

Just stumbled across this thread... I grew up in Leelanau and have a 74 FJ40 that i keep up there. [Disclaimer - Not fortunate enough to live there now, but i am a true native, born in Northport] I guess when i go back home I'm a fudgie now :doh:... Anyway, Every spring Northport has a cars in the park. Even if you don't register, we should have a Northern Michigan 40 get together at the event.

Sounds fun to me. Glad you found the group.

Spent the weekend in Charlevoix and didn't have the chance to see if that FJ60/62 was still tucked in by the garage of the house on the south side of 31 just north of the draw-bridge. Anyone here own it / know of it?

1976 Toyota Land Cruiser

I've seen this one around town and found it up for sale, consigned via Grand Rapids auto Gallery.

Saw a green one going north in town yesterday, maybe it was Disasterman. The count grows !

Anyone interested in meeting this Friday am at Haggerty cars and caffeine? I’m planning on taking my 40. The event runs 7-9 am. - Ward
I'll try to drag my ass out of bed early enough. Only live 15 min. Away. Been trying to go all summer.. ed

Anyone interested in meeting this Friday am at Haggerty cars and caffeine? I’m planning on taking my 40. The event runs 7-9 am. - Ward
How often does that happen? I'd like to do that at some point. It would be a nice start to a up north Cruiser weekend.
How many cars are there usually?

How often does that happen? I'd like to do that at some point. It would be a nice start to a up north Cruiser weekend.
How many cars are there usually?

Every Friday May 31 - Sept 27.
1567632914884.png

looks pretty cool. Hagerty gets plenty of my money, maybe they will spring for the coffee?

A Sunbeam Alpine and a 190 SL in front ( I think). Uncommon

They run through the end of Sep. Usually a great showing. If you’re not there by about 7 the main strip parking fills up but there is usually room in the west lot. And Haggerty picks up the coffee and doughnuts. It’s a cool event and surprising how many different cars you see from week to week.

My 40 is currently at GT Collection so it may have been mine. As with my previous restorations it’s too nice for me to enjoy. Looking for a rougher original truck.

My 40 is currently at GT Collection so it may have been mine. As with my previous restorations it’s too nice for me to enjoy. Looking for a rougher original truck.
A running rust free-ish patina 40 would be great. Mine would be that, except for the words rust free are reversed, as in free rust!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom