Threaded holes at tailgate/bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

86aggie

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm in the process of replacing both OEM bumpers and using POR 15/paint on the frame. As I was applying the POR 15, I saw the two holes that I have always wondered about - the two that are forward of the top edge of the rear bumper and in the lateral center of the cross member that runs under the top edge. I'm guessing there was a non-US option that bolted there - a different bumper style? Not a earth shattering topic - just curious. Anyone know the answer?

They are on the top, maybe an inch or so below the lower edge of the tailgate and are side by side not front to back.

Pintle hook? I guess the bracket that holds the pintle hook...

1660058152785.png

1660143582655.png

There are 2 threaded holes on the bottom of the bumper....you can see them here where my trailer hitch bolts through a spacer block.

I’m looking at the ones that are directly above those on the top.
1CD5E5CC-ABC2-4C0F-9E74-0E39A5FAC38B.jpeg
5ECC9DC9-7E2B-4116-B08D-6F4AAB99B710.jpeg

That’s the crossmember with no bumper.

I think both those holes on top and the ones on the bottom are for the bracket that can used for the pintle hook. The tow bar was using just the lower ones.

Some of the non-US 60 series got a "split" rear bumper where there was front face access for pintle hook mounting. But for the US versions, the bracket is used to provide a mounting location without damaging the one piece bumper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom