Thread size/pitch on bolts for 2nd row seats? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I changed my fuel filter finally, having to remove 2nd row seats. But one seat bracket nut will not retake any of the bolts, oddest thing as I kept the bolts back in the captured nuts as I worked. May have to tap it. I don't have a comprehensive tap&die set, anyone know the size/pitch of those bolts?

I changed my fuel filter finally, having to remove 2nd row seats. But one seat bracket nut will not retake any of the bolts, oddest thing as I kept the bolts back in the captured nuts as I worked. May have to tap it. I don't have a comprehensive tap&die set, anyone know the size/pitch of those bolts?
Same thing has happened to me after taking seats out to replace carpet...kept bolts in the seat brackets while seats were out then go to put the seats back in and the two bottom bolts on the "60" 2nd row seat won't thread in without stripping. Ever find the right tap&die size or another solution?

Pretty sure this is what you're after:
1661549009660.png

Will simply replacing the bolt solve the problem?

I had the same problem with some of the bolts not snugging up anymore after replacing the carpet.

Will simply replacing the bolt solve the problem?

I had the same problem with some of the bolts not snugging up anymore after replacing the carpet.
You should be able to see if the bolts have been damaged. Do the threads look all fat and shiny? If so you'll need the die or to get new bolts. In any case I think it's a good idea to get the tap and clean out the nuts. Those don't look easy to replace.

You should be able to see if the bolts have been damaged. Do the threads look all fat and shiny? If so you'll need the die or to get new bolts. In any case I think it's a good idea to get the tap and clean out the nuts. Those don't look easy to replace.
Yeah agree replacing bolts isn't going to fix it. Need to clean out the and rethread the bolt hole. Thanks for the info guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom