Thread size on the Toyota H55 shifter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cppilot

1965 FJ45 LPB original second owner
SILVER Star
Threads
FOUND IT……Can someone help with the thread size on the Toyota H55 shifter that the H55 5 speed knobs screws onto.

Thanks
Matk

Last edited:
I found the info. M12 1.25 😀

Same thread as the 60 series. The transfer case shifter changed 8/80 to the same size. Here is the correct knob for the 40 series.
IMG_20210113_200700817.jpg
1983 1.jpg

Might be the same as the early 4X4 mini trucks. The knob is the same as the 60 series just the insert is different. The transfer on the 40 series is different than the 60 series. 60 series the knob the same as the the transmission knob with a different insert.

Too bad City Racer couldn't make the correct inserts for the 40 series.doubt might is good enough to use as a sample.

1984_08.jpg

1984_12.jpg

1984_10.jpg

Living in the Past is right!
Replaced my fadet out 5shift stock knob (Germanh market 1984 BJ42) with a knob from HiLUx (Mini Truck in American English) same vintage. Fortunately they have been imported in the eighties and are still operating (of course, they are Toyotas) in rural Greece...

Last edited:
To identify any thread, measure the OD with your mic or caliper, measure the thread pitch with your thread pitch gauge, then go to this chart and find it.

I have the chart stapled to the wall in my shop. It is very handy.

To identify any thread, measure the OD with your mic or caliper, measure the thread pitch with your thread pitch gauge, then go to this chart and find it.

I have the chart stapled to the wall in my shop. It is very handy.

I have always just use a tap and die to get size and pitch.

That works too, if you have an example on hand.

I deal with weird stuff for other hobbies. The latest thread hunt was for a #2-64 TPI. .....Ridiculious. I changed it to #4-40 TPI and made a new matching screw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom