Thread problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Help for the Mechanically Challenged

I have no idea what happened to the last thread. It sort of went into a meltdown. I have no idea how to delete a thread, and I even searched.

What was suppose to be there is that I am hoping to arrange looking at a 1991 FJ80 if the owner will return my message. It is in Glenndale and I am in Tucson. I was hoping to find someone with superior automotive knowledge to help me kick the tires some Sat. Lunch will be involved. :grinpimp:

Ross

Last edited:
I think you have to PM HJ60 and have him do it?

Would be happy to look at with you, but will be on the trail Saturday, Sunday?

Thanks Tools, I will PM him. I haven't heard from the owner (a broker) so there is nothing to check right now. I may blow this one off as their phone is disconnected, not a good sign or something that instills confidence in their operation. I won't bother anyone unless I have something definite.

I just looked at a '96 today here in Tucson. It has 168K (higher than I would like), but asking 7500. It doesn't have front/rear lockers. There is some rattling on acceleration (exhaust?). The top of the engine was recently cleaned, but the lower part is very dirty with lots of maybe old oil. I'll probably pass on this one, unever tire wear, lots of oil on the under side, strange dark gray goo (caulk like stuff) coming out of the what I think is the valve cover gasket. After looking at it, I came to the realization I don't have the experience to know what is bad, good or nuetral, especially in a LC. All in all, its a little depressing.

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom