Thread - Finishing the 40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Speaking of which, the seats came out great. Powder coated Vegas Gold which turned out really nice, then new covers from SOR.

A0EE2485-FF24-4DEA-BF3F-F1356D060A42.jpeg
A4F41A33-AB7C-4904-BE93-BBE65A3D0569.jpeg
View attachment 2587251
6F7E490F-0C14-436D-B7FC-AE5EE0952DDC.jpeg
6547E531-B276-475D-8802-D12532BFA081.jpeg
2A2D3A0E-FBA9-4443-A6FF-801F366048BF.jpeg

Going to have a lot of fun putting this thing back together. All new hardware from @davework, new dash pads from fj40dash.com (the logo isn't THAT bad...), new weatherstripping mostly from @Racer65, and plenty of coin dropped at SOR (including some new hardtop glass with the sliding window I'm way too excited about).

Question on the hardtop...

It appears that the PO who did all the body work drilled through the holes that are used to bolt the side pieces to the tub. Based on the hardware I purchased, I'm guessing these holes on the tub are supposed to be threaded, but they are not. Anyone else have a similar situation? I supposed I'll need to just find some longer hardware and use a nut on the other end, although they'll need to be pretty long bolts.

Great work& attention to detail. This is what it’s all about in my book.

Seats looking really nice, and those are probably better than the ones I have because they have the fold down middle section.

You might be able to install metric Nutcerts in you tub to receive the top hold down bolts. Or perhaps drill and tap for one bolt size bigger.

Oh! I've never used them, but blind rivet nuts may be exactly what I'm looking for!

Now I'm regretting putting down the weatherstrip "packing" already.... Doh!!

Cool. I think I have a couple options. Since the hole goes through both sides of the tub rail, I could do a rivet nut on the top (preferred since I could use the existing bolts, but may be too much of a pain since I put the weatherstrip "packing" down already) or the bottom hole (would require me to go get some longer bolts to reach). I'll update the thread with what I come up with. 😆

What is recommended for a coating for the undercarriage? I'm in the California Bay Area where I don't have to worry about snow or even much rain (and probably won't take it out much when it does rain). The undercarriage has been primed already, but wasn't painted with the rest of the truck. I got a pretty good deal on the labor for paint and a very quality paint job, but they didn't do the underside of the tub. Since it's already primed, the Por-15 system doesn't really add any value, correct? What about something like the Por-15 rubberized under coating spray, which would also help some with road noise?

@baxter1234 Love this color. Did you ever get her put back together?

@baxter1234 Love this color. Did you ever get her put back together?

Probably 80%! I’m going to have a shop help with the electrical and any remaining mechanical. I’ve made a recent big out of state move which has impacted my timeline a bit, and have been putting more time into another vehicle lately, but hope to finish her soon!

940BE978-8BD3-42EB-ACFC-279EFC0A550F.jpeg
F71AB1E4-CCD3-49D8-888B-83173FD55B5D.jpeg
128069D5-A3B9-4C0D-A701-147BED4551A5.jpeg
F1F2B7EC-02A2-436C-BF81-458ABC79C865.jpeg

Does this mean you have bucket seats you don't need?

I have a set of bench seats from my 69 that have covers from Spector (with a little damage). If your interested in a trade let me know, I'm in Oakland.

Nice rig looks really solid!
60 40, Do you still have bench seats that you would like to get rid of?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom