Thoughts on what to do next (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MhweJHS.jpg

Which shade is it supposed to be? is tge left lightlighter side the orrevt shade, or the speckled part of the right thats darker?

Also, is there some issue with Toyota dealerships in South Carolina? There was another thread where a dealership said they wouldn't work on a transmission issue and sent the owner away. Is it the same dealership I wonder?

Also, is there some issue with Toyota dealerships in South Carolina? There was another thread where a dealership said they wouldn't work on a transmission issue and sent the owner away. Is it the same dealership I wonder?
Could be. I wouldn’t be surprised.
Which shade is it supposed to be? is tge left lightlighter side the orrevt shade, or the speckled part of the right thats darker?
Honestly they are extremely close. The problem is that you can’t sit in on the second row without getting brown flakes all over you.

I do, and I know. It irritates me that they are offering 0 help with regards to the seats. I’ll ultimately end up living with it - if trying to clean them myself doesn’t work. Thanks for the suggestions.
That’s quite frustrating. I had a headrest on my ‘21 replaced under warranty because the leather was significantly wrinkled compared to others.
9EF39747-F175-4336-9CEC-40BC4C66E8E9.jpeg

It is. The problem is they are saying this was damaged, not defective.
would another dealer view it differently and submit a warranty claim?

That’s quite frustrating. I had a headrest on my ‘21 replaced under warranty because the leather was significantly wrinkled compared to others.
View attachment 2596881

would another dealer view it differently and submit a warranty claim?
Glad you got that replaced. Definitely didn’t look right.

I’ve got a call with a “tier 2” Toyota rep today, so we’ll see what happens.

So if it just flakes off so easily, I would think you could just clean it off. Have you tried cleaning it?

If it was that easy, this thread wouldn’t have been made.
Well you said it scrapes off with your nails. Good luck with your problems.

I should have updated. Dealer replaced the leather on the entire second row at their own cost. Acknowledged that their detailer messed up.

What did they say caused it? Chemicals they used in cleaning and detailing it before the sale?

What did they say caused it? Chemicals they used in cleaning and detailing it before the sale?
They never formally said. One of the techs made a comment about someone using a corrosive cleaner, but that’s all I have.

by the time the seat covers were replaced, nearly the entire bench was cracked/falling apart.

I wouldn't be surprised that the dealer used an ozone machine to get rid off smells before selling. If improperly used (for too long) it causes damage to interior of the car

I wouldn't be surprised that the dealer used an ozone machine to get rid off smells before selling. If improperly used (for too long) it causes damage to interior of the car
Strange part was that it was only the second row seat.

I should have updated. Dealer replaced the leather on the entire second row at their own cost. Acknowledged that their detailer messed up.
That's great to hear the second row was replaced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom