Thoughts on this eBay 72 FJ55 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's nice but doesn't look like a full restoration to me. The wheels are awful, hubs and axle flanges are all rusty, defrost hose looks like something for a dryer and they couldn't even put a new shift knob on there??? And that's what I could tell from the pix. I bet the underside isn't very clean. It seems decent but not as good as they make it sound.

Its is pretty but those rockers and fender bottoms look way to blocky for me. Makes it look really odd. There aren't any pics of the trouble areas that we pig lovers all would ask for. Just a heads up as they could be holding back on the truth there.

I posted this one up in the for sale section without knowledge of this thread.
For me, this one looks nicer from the photos than any I've seen. The white wagon wheels go very well with this truck, IMO. However, I seriously doubt it's as clean as it appears. Trouble areas are the rockers, fenders, roof and floorboards. This add has no close up photos of these areas. So yes, I'd be concerned about rust. The interior and engine look great. Someone in that area ought to check it out.

The first thing that my wife said is the interior is ugly, she is in L.O.V.E with Heathers rig (and so am I). In my opinion for the $ Heathers is the better deal, and chicks dig the red and white interior.

I traded a few emails with the eBay seller and asked him to post pics of the underside, floorboards, etc so we'll see if he does.

Agree that Heather's is the better buy and I'd much rather buy from a mud member that has respect/trust on the site like her.

I don't like the exhaust routed out under the left rear door. Photo #6.

I am Heather and I am here. I did ship it to Houston and it's here with me now. Thanks for all the props! While I am not actively marketing it, I would still sell it to the right person for the right price. I am not in any hurry now that it's made the trip.

I bet this pig has had some bad rust in the rear rockers.. no way those are stock rear rockers... square and blocky like mentioned earlier... I would notice that everytime I looked at it and would hate it. Looks like a 'quick' custom resto. rear side markers don't look stock.. missing landcruiser emblem on fenders.

I'm still pretty new to this game but the pig I bought has taught me a few things and that auction is going to end badly for somebody. It's hard enough going to look at one in person and find everything that is wrong let alone buying one on Ebay. I hope I'm wrong and it turns out well for someone but I doubt it will.

Looks like it ended at $20100.00. I sent two e-mails asking for additional info and pics and never got any response at all - made me suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom