Thoughts on this deal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been looking for an LX470 for a few months now and I came across the below vehicle for $21K. This would be my daily driver ~60 miles round trip. Any thoughts on this purchase would be appreciated. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on a vehicle with this many miles for my daily driver. All my friends are calling me crazy...

2006 LX470
147K Miles
1 Owner
No Rust
Dealer Serviced with 50 records on carfax
Super clean inside and out
Timing belt done and one side CV/Axle replaced

$21K

Price seems a bit high for the miles, IMO. I always hate forum comp sales for making that kind of decision, since prices vary by region, but I paid $9k OTD for my '00 LX with 116k on the clock from a Cadillac dealer who took it on a trade-in and couldn't move it. I'd be looking to get somewhere in the mid-to-upper teens for the one you described.

^^What BEG said^^

$21k is too much in my opinion. For that price, I'd expect sub-100k.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was a little high for the miles. The only reason why I'm considering it is because I have never seen this many service records for a vehicle and it's super clean with brand new tires. The owner brought it in for EVERYTHING. Check out this gem.

CUSTOMER STATES A RATTLE NOISE IS COMING FROM THE REAR AREA OF THE VEHICLE. SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING ROLLING. CHECK AND ADVISE. NOISE CAN BE HEARD WHEN MAKING TURNS. ~|~BEVERAGE CAN FOUND ON ROOF BETWEEN ROOF RACKS. ~|~COMPLETED. REMOVED BEVERAGE CAN

Thanks for the feedback. I thought it was a little high for the miles. The only reason why I'm considering it is because I have never seen this many service records for a vehicle and it's super clean with brand new tires. The owner brought it in for EVERYTHING. Check out this gem.

CUSTOMER STATES A RATTLE NOISE IS COMING FROM THE REAR AREA OF THE VEHICLE. SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING ROLLING. CHECK AND ADVISE. NOISE CAN BE HEARD WHEN MAKING TURNS. ~|~BEVERAGE CAN FOUND ON ROOF BETWEEN ROOF RACKS. ~|~COMPLETED. REMOVED BEVERAGE CAN

That is hilarious!! :rofl:

Too high, some where around $16k-$17k will be reasonable

Add few $$$ and get the 200 series.

If there's any car that I would be willing to buy without service records, it would be a 100 series LC/LX. With that said, it's nice to have them if they're available, but not worth paying such a premium for. $21k is way too high for this particular example IMO.

I've been looking for an LX470 for a few months now and I came across the below vehicle for $21K. This would be my daily driver ~60 miles round trip. Any thoughts on this purchase would be appreciated. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger on a vehicle with this many miles for my daily driver. All my friends are calling me crazy...

2006 LX470
147K Miles
1 Owner
No Rust
Dealer Serviced with 50 records on carfax
Super clean inside and out
Timing belt done and one side CV/Axle replaced

$21K
I just purchased an 06 LC a few weeks ago with almost the same type of history
145k miles
1 owner
No rust
All service records and serviced every 5k
Perfect inside and out

Dealer was asking 21k. I offered 18k and they let me walk. Called me back a few days later and accepted. I went back and picked it up and I am very happy. I had been looking for awhile. Absolutely no regrets.

The price may be a little high but tell your crazy friends they have not a shadow of a clue thinking 147k miles for a LX is high miles for a DD. But they are right where I likem. They are just like the bass fisherman that love the spring time. That just creates less competetion for my turkey hunting.

I paid $16,500 for an '05 LC with 170,000 miles a few months ago. Tried to bargain but the dealer wouldn't budge. He knew what he had. I knew it too. Even if you don't have extensive service records, you can tell if the truck has been well cared for. Mine was immaculate. And no surprises so far. I absolutely love it and would drive it across the country without hesitation. Plus I've been told that some independent repair shops aren't tied in to the system that tracks everything. Given the age of these trucks, more and more are being serviced by smaller shops.

Location, location, location.....

The nice 100 series, later model rigs (06-07) that are hail-dent and rust free tend to go for more money around Colorado for sure..... the secret that these are great rigs is out. Used Audi’s, Mercedes, BMW’s, Acura’s, all so cheap here at giveaway prices, but not the Land cruisers.

Since the Full time 4wd is actually useful and sometimes very necessary here, these Toyota vehicles with 4wd definitely bring a premium where snow is common.

I had a Toyota dealer in Colo springs offer me more than I paid for my super clean 06 100 from Texas.... and it had 120k on the clock then when he offered.... and it was bought in Texas when it had 90,000 on it.

Since the perception is that you don’t “need” Awd or 4wd in the South, there isn’t a premium price in many small town areas for sure.

Same reason why Used Subaru’s sell for more here in Colorado and other cold states as well

My best advice: buy a rig for a little more money that has zero rust and has great records.... don’t save a few thousand to buy a rust bucket that you will regret. Because these vehicles have such a long lifespan, you don’t want to be looking at rust holes or horrible rot in 3-5 years...

It's not obnoxiously overpriced, but on the steep side for sure - like how all dealers price their vehicles. If it's a private party sale you'd be able to negotiate I'd imagine.

Its a tough to be a buyer when it comes to these LC/LX's,
When I was looking a year and half ago it seemed everything I looked at was bought by somebody a few days later. I also learned that you can throw out the Blue Book and Black Book pricing guides and expect to pay more than what they suggest. You are going to have to pay a premium for really nice, well maintained, undamaged, and rust free examples. There are a lot of folks out there looking to purchase and LC/LX and there are not a huge supply available.

My similar story about 1 month after I installed a high power sound system with layers of sound proofing materials in my 2001 LX. I developed a rattle under the steering wheel that was driving me crazy. So I looked for a couple of weeks for anything loose.

Then one day out of frustration, I hit the bottom of the dash and heard the vibration change pitch. Then I found a quarter stuck in the air vent between your legs. I still don't know how it got there and assume it was from the previous owner. But, it is not like there is change pocket in the dash...

Another thing as far as value, in my area (South Alabama) the LC & LX all seemed to be priced even the prices posted on this forum. Maybe it is because we never get snow and no salt damage?

But I keep my cars forever, so I didn't mind paying a premium for a vehicle that is in great shape. So in 2017, I purchased a 2 owner LX with 107,000 miles for $11,600.00. The LX had most of its service records and the CarFax was perfect.

I would have paid twice as much if I could have found a LX with 1/2 the miles. I wanted to buy a 2001 or older because I wanted to replace the double din stereo head unit.

The LX or LC definitely demand high price, great deal usually go fast like within hours after it is posted for sale. I was looking for a 100 series last year around this time for 03-07 model. Everyone wants a premium for it, was frustrated then decided to just test drive a 200 while I was looking at a 100 close by. Ended up purchasing a 11 LX570 later from a owner for trade in price while he is picking up his 17 LX, we went to the Lexus dealer together and he just passed the vehicle to me and picking up his new 17. Saved 5k right then as he doesn't want the dealer to make money out of it, cost for the deal was like $300 through the dealer transfer and finance through my credit union.

You're seeking a bunch of subjective opinions on a question that does not have an answer, so I'll give you mine. The 21k price tag is right on average for the 06'-07' LX/LC market here in the SF Bay Area. I'm not sure what the market is like in Maryland but that LX would likely sell pretty quick at that price out here.

You can be patient and wait for a similar find at a lower price. That wait could be 6 more days or 6 more months. Or you could pay a bit more money and buy the vehicle that checks all the boxes for you and have it NOW, to start modding it, wheeling it, enjoying it etc. I went that route and snagged an 07' LX that was probably slightly above average price, but the memories and trips I had with my family far outweighed the premium I *might* have paid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom