Thoughts on this bumper... Smittybilt tube (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello -

Came across one of these Smittybilt tube bumpers for cheap... I was wondering if anyone had some feedback on them? I don't intend on doing any insane 'crawling' but would like to remove the stock bumpers and replace with something that can withstand a bit more (I will keep the stockers if I ever want to go back to stock). The one I found is super cheap (under $50) so any damage/bending would not hurt my wallet.

Thoughts? Looks like this rig is also running a body lift...

jkerr4.jpg

jkerr2.jpg

I am thinking tube style armor all the way around (sliders and double tube rear with the lower tube wrapping the rear quarter and bolting to the frame). yay/nay?

Under $50 is cheap! Not a fan of these fatso tubes myself, but if you like it, grab it!

I got one like that, 'cept mine came pre-rusted.... for FREE! I think they look alright and it works fine. If I ever mount a winch I'll have to ditch it as mine doesn't have the receiver built in like that one (I assume that's what that's for).

Butt

That's what's been on my truck since before I bought the rig. PO totalled a Volvo with it and just put about a 6" dent in one of the front tubes. Definitely stout but they rust out like crazy so repainting or powder coating eventually becomes a must.

I used to be in love with the double tubing in the rear. I guess I just moved on with my life...

TONKA. not a fan of the tubes myself..
Wheel with your stocker, you can probably find another stock bumper for $50.

Mine came with one. I didn't like the over-rider tube or the equal lengths so I cut on it. Can just make out how in this picture:
IMG_0463-1.jpg

ack in 94 when I bought my FJ40 it had one of those, all rusty. It survived my novice teenage modifications well.

I have moved onto homebuilt models since but I still respect the old Back to the Future Smittybuilt.

Thanks for the feedback folks... I picked it up. I like the custom cutting you did ntsqd! I might make similar changes as well.

Hello -

Thoughts? Looks like this rig is also running a body lift...

I see no signs of a body lift.......where are you seeing this?
Springs and shackles ...maybe. but not body....I just dont see it.:D

body lift

Body lift isn't obvious to me either...************
bad-plastic-surgery_jocelyn-wildenstein.jpg

Smarty pants! :eek: I must be missing the obvious but that SUA looks huge even with a SR so assumed a body lift. I would like the bumper to ride higher in relation to the body and was hoping the rig I referenced was running a body lift resulting in the bumper running lower in relation to the body... I guess I will find out when I get around to mounting it.

Does anyone know who's truck that is in the first post? Im sure its the same one featured on the Man-A-Fre web site on the OME 4 inch lift photo. Its the 4 or 5th photo there, but has since been fitted with a front ARB bumper; same wheels and roof rack.
I would really love to find those wheels which I believe are the discontinued Centerline CT 2 wheels. If anyone has a set they'd like to sell, wheels only no tires, contact me. Also anyone know the make of the roof rack? I like that one a lot.

Does anyone know who's truck that is in the first post? Im sure its the same one featured on the Man-A-Fre web site on the OME 4 inch lift photo. Its the 4 or 5th photo there, but has since been fitted with a front ARB bumper; same wheels and roof rack.
I would really love to find those wheels which I believe are the discontinued Centerline CT 2 wheels. If anyone has a set they'd like to sell, wheels only no tires, contact me. Also anyone know the make of the roof rack? I like that one a lot.

I believe roof rack is an old Con Ferr model. DiamondRax - Roof Racks - Con-ferr Style

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom