Dealer Thoughts on this 2016? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a way to find the history on this vehicle?

Used 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale | Fargo ND

Near as I can tell:

1. The PO lived in MN, guessing by the plates
2. The license plate bracket, and the sticker on the back say "Capital City" in Bismarck ND. Leads me to believe this independent dealer picked it up at auction?
3. Now my local Honda/Toyota dealer is getting it prepped

I stopped by to look at it, but tough to see the undercariage. Is there a way to tell if its been through an auction?

The VIN is JTMCY7AJ3G4045118

Hard to tell without getting a Carfax. Googling the VIN shows it has been listed at a few different dealerships, which is usually not a great sign. I'd shoot them an inquiry and ask for the Carfax. The price is good, but if the history is jacked I'd stay away.

Is there a way to find the history on this vehicle?

Used 2016 Toyota Land Cruiser For Sale | Fargo ND

Near as I can tell:

1. The PO lived in MN, guessing by the plates
2. The license plate bracket, and the sticker on the back say "Capital City" in Bismarck ND. Leads me to believe this independent dealer picked it up at auction?
3. Now my local Honda/Toyota dealer is getting it prepped

I stopped by to look at it, but tough to see the undercariage. Is there a way to tell if its been through an auction?

The VIN is JTMCY7AJ3G4045118

There is a Carfax available for the vehicle, looks to be a 2 owner vehicle. There are few 2016s on the market that appear to have been purchased by the dealership through an auction. Is there an issue buying an LC that has been through an auction, if it has a clean Carfax, etc?

My search on the vin pulled up 2 or 3 fairly local dealers - seems odd that it doesn’t sell, and a few dealers took a crack at it

My search on the vin pulled up 2 or 3 fairly local dealers - seems odd that it doesn’t sell, and a few dealers took a crack at it

I talked to someone at the dealership who was very transparent with information on the vehicle. Well, at least information that was known by him and visible on the vehicle, such as a door ding and some minor scrapes / scratches on the front grill. The Carfax is confusing due to the ownership being between ND and MN, now it's back at a Honda dealer. I suspect the Honda dealer picked up at auction to have some higher end inventory. I was considering throwing out an extremely low ball offer to see if they will play.

The price isn’t that great. I’d be cautious.

For me, spending 60-65 on a truck was a big investment. So it was worth it to be patient and buy something with a clean and transparent ownership history from a Toyota dealership that CPO’d it.

The price isn’t that great. I’d be cautious.

For me, spending 60-65 on a truck was a big investment. So it was worth it to be patient and buy something with a clean and transparent ownership history from a Toyota dealership that CPO’d it.

Agree 100% Fireball! I have just started my search and seem to be drawn to the 2016 body style, although that carries a hefty price tag and investment. The resale on the LC is impressive to say the least. I currently have a paid off '07 Suburban Z71, lifted with 150K on it. It's nice not having any car payments, but the LC bug has bitten. Eventual plan to build out my future LC and put it to good use.

Interesting update on this one. Didn't sell at the Honda dealership in ND, now at another dealer in SD called Harr Motors.

Doesn’t look like it’s ran through a sale in the past 30 days. Good chance a Toyota dealer had to punt it to a wholesaler because they can’t sell it with the J15 Recall/Stop Sale.

814F6E13-E8C2-47BE-9C9D-BC8D134CB652.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom