Thoughts on this 2001 100 series underbody

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking at this 2001 Landcruiser long-distance (it is a northern cruiser) and asked for some underbody photos to see if it has rust issues. What do you guys think? It is a good deal on paper. 140k miles, $14.5k

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0157.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

Looks like it has been recoated and the rust is beginning to bubble through, especially on the arms and gas tank skid.

Last edited:
What makes that a good deal on paper?

I like the mileage and the condition of everything else. Pretty pristine, non-nav, looks great, perfect paint (gray), 95% interior...

I like the mileage and the condition of everything else. Pretty pristine, non-nav, looks great, perfect paint (gray), 95% interior...
I'm not saying that it's not a good truck, it looks good, especially the interior, (the undercarriage has evidence of incomplete rust remediation), just that it doesn't look like a good deal in terms of value. IMHO low mileage is one of the least impressive qualities of these, and this would be a good deal at $5k less.
there are lots out there For Sale - Lx470 2001 South Florida
In the end if it's worth it to you, that's awesome.

I'm not saying that it's not a good truck, it looks good, especially the interior, (the undercarriage has evidence of incomplete rust remediation), just that it doesn't look like a good deal in terms of value. IMHO low mileage is one of the least impressive qualities of these, and this would be a good deal at $5k less.
there are lots out there For Sale - Lx470 2001 South Florida
In the end if it's worth it to you, that's awesome.

I get your argument but I am really looking for one that is stock and with a verifiable maintenance history (and not gold). I'm just particular and for me the ideal Landcruiser will be one that was always serviced at the dealership and driven by some old lady that drives it to the mall and the grocery... Preferably in white/silver/gray/green

Looks like it has been recoated and the rust is beginning to bubble through, especially on the arms and gas tank skid.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I'm trying to figure out if I could just replace the LCAs and the skid and make it right.

8K would be a good price to pay for that, not 14.5, not even close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom