Thoughts on this 1st Gen Taco underside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ace10

Another one bites the dust!
Threads
I'm shopping for a 1st Gen Taco and have these pics of the underside of one I've run across online.

My familiarity with these vehicles is very limited. Please post up your thoughts on the condition of the underside. This is a MY2000 on the East Coast. Selling dealer *thinks* that the frame has been replaced. It certainly looks better than others I have seen firsthand.

Many thanks!

10222_zpsijuwlxab(1).JPEG

10227_zps15rl5jvy.JPEG

10225_zpsdwqryb8b.JPEG

10224_zpsavnsshy3.JPEG

Selling dealer *thinks* that the frame has been replaced.

first gen did not get the frame replaced on some years, 95-99 was sent to the crusher and 2000-04 got a frame replacement or undercoat spray if there were no holes. it looks pretty clean so it may have gotten a frame, dealer can look it up the service history by vin and know for sure.

the usual rust spot was by the spring hanger on the left side so check there first

Last edited:
Alot of over-spray.
But the frame looks pretty solid under the paint from what I can tell.
Only way to really tell is to look at it in person.

Looks like it had the same "recall" as they did on my '03. Frickin' joke. Wish I never did it. They sprayed black gook on the frame which only works to hold moisture in. Mine has mostly peeled off fortunately. Could be rot under there but it doesn't look like it. But there no limit what some people will do to sell a vehicle.

As mentioned it needs close inspection unless the price is very good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom