Thoughts on this 100 series with diesel 1hd-fte. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stumbled upon this on craigslist today and dont really know much about what to expect from this engine. From what i can find the 1hd-fte is probably the most reliable of the HD series engine. This one has low KM's (69,XXX) but im just not sure how to compare asking price vs actual value. Is this guy out to lunch asking $39,000 (Canadian dollars)? Any thoughts are appreciated. Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Executive VX 4.2 TD

Thats about what they go for in Australia with 200k and its rare to get one with such low klms. If it was a 5 sp , it might be worth more. If you buy it, pamper it and resell it in 10 years, you probably wont lose much.
And its LHD
But, I would want to make sure the underneath is not rusted out. There are no pics of that and there should be.

With that low of km, it's probably not that far fetched. Especially being LHD. However, I doubt there are many people in the Canadian market that would be willing to spend that much.

I suspect the seller is either running a scam or fishing to see if people would actually be interested in it. Those photos definitely weren't taken locally, so he/she could be testing the market to see if there are people interested before trying to import something.

I live in Costa Rica, There are lots of these around. That is very low kms though. They sell here for about $18000-$30,000 depending on year and shape etc. In panama they are much cheaper. take $10 grand off

That diesel 100 had me drooling when I came across it a while back. Would love one as my next cruiser....

Contacted the seller and zero response. It's a beaut though. Anyone else reached out to the seller?

Did 100 series get that fake wood trim around the aircon vents and door switches? Normally you only see that fitted as aftermarket parts on JDM models

EDIT, Yes they did according to the parts diagram

Man... if only it was legal to import into the U.S. It would make a great daily driver so I could make my 80 a weekend warrior rig.

It has the scam smell about it. They always have the best unicorns.

Yah I don't think those pictures are in BC. Not really 100% sure, but the house is very European looking. (Dutch?)

Or could be in Germany and like you said fishing to see if worth it to import.

That's a beautiful cruiser though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom