Thoughts on Purchase of 1996 FJ80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thoughts on Purchase of 1996 FZJ80

Hello,
I am new member to this site and really enjoying it. Looking to purchase a 1996 Landcruiser with 138,000 miles. It is a two owner, exterior and interior are in excellent shape. No rust on body or undercarriage. According to owner runs perfectly and shifts smoothly. Minor problems are power steering pump leak, tailgate handle is broke, antenna sheath is broke, and the usual wear in the leather on drivers seat. Unfortunately no service records from the original owner are available. Current owner purchased one year ago for $8500. Is there anything in particular i should be looking for when I check it over. What would be a decent price to offer? Thanks for the help.
photo 1.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Last edited:
The price is too high in my mind (if they are selling it for $8500 but I can't really tell from your description) but I don't know your threshold. It sounds like an average 80, not severely beaten on but also not maintained by a typical mud/ocd type. They probably changed the oil in it and thats about it. I would think about $6000 to be a fair deal. My .02

The price is too high in my mind (if they are selling it for $8500 but I can't really tell from your description) but I don't know your threshold. It sounds like an average 80, not severely beaten on but also not maintained by a typical mud/ocd type. They probably changed the oil in it and thats about it. I would think about $6000 to be a fair deal. My .02
Thanks, I agree the price is high, asking $8000.

Too much $$$:eek::eek::eek:

Totally subjective. A rig with those miles in that condition will sell for 8 in Seattle, easily. Drive it and if you get that special feeling then do it. Not investment material anyhow.

Totally subjective. A rig with those miles in that condition will sell for 8 in Seattle, easily. Drive it and if you get that special feeling then do it. Not investment material anyhow.
Didn't get that feeling of excitement as hoped for and was afraid of the "buyers remorse". I will keep looking. Thanks for responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom