Thoughts on condition of this 3rd gen for sale? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm speaking with a seller a few hours away. Want to get some second and third opinions before making the drive down. It is an 01 SR5, with 59k original miles. The external condition seems fine, but the one pic he sent me of the underneath has me a little worried. What do you think?

Where is it? You in Boston ? I am outside Hartford. If it’s close I can take a look.

That underbody rust can probably be cleaned and held at bay but it’s not great. Low mileage, probably lots of short trips can be worse than a high mileage car so lots to consider.

Hoffman in Simsbury, Toyota dealer, has a third gen 4Runner on the lot which is rare for a truck that age. It’s black. It was pouring rain when I drove thru so i did not get out of the car. Give them a call. 860-651-3725

It’s actually in Philly. So a decent drive from Boston/CT. Currently in Boston but in CT frequently.

Are you talking about Hoffman Toyota? Just checked out their website and didn’t see anything.

Hoffman, yes. A 3rd gen 4Runner would be very unusal for them. It had a used car sticker and it was on the lot, not in the back corner waiting to die.

Probably have to call. It could also be on the way to a “buy here, pay here” lot.

What are they asking for it?

It looks a little crusty to me, but then again I'm in the desert so maybe I'm spoiled.

For $9,900 I'd pass. The little bit of rust I see is enough to scare me away!

Prudent move.... it would have to be completely mint for that money.

Then proving to the insurance Co that it’s worth $9900 after an accident.

I sold my 1996 SR5 for 7K. It was cherry. That thing looks worked. Be patient and you will find what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom