Thoughts on buying a 1UZ-FE in a 105 Series? Noob needs help please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So young me decided to follow my father's steps and I am finally set on buying a landcruiser.

There is this 105 series from 2000 that looks quite interesting. Mainly because it only has about 200,000 KMS and a 1UZ-FE engine.

The thing is, the 105s didn't came with this engine right?

What are the pros and cons? Would you pursue this deal?

I was looking at some threads on the internet and it doesn't seem to be a very common mod. Some people have expressed concerns about the power of the engine given the 105s weight, specially if one intends on doing some mods, but on the other hand it is still a V8. I have no idea if it is good or bad. And is it better than the 1FZ-FE? Would you get this engine mod or stay with the 1FZ-FE if you were buying a 105?

Also on the first pic, why is there a V8 1UZ print on the car? Dou you think the owner put it there, the shop?

I plan to inspect the vehicle next week but would like to have more info beforehand. It is interesting because I think about 80-90% of the 105s in Peru have been used and abused by the police and have on average about 400,000 KMS on the clock. As far as I know all 105s are petrol and diesel is only available for the 100 series (HD-TFEs on the market as well, but I am more interested in a solid axle) So if it really has 200,000 given the age looks quite good.

I am looking for a 105 series because I plan to travel South America for 6 -12 months next year.

ih8mud.jpg
v8.jpg

The 1uz is a better engine than the 1FZ. Arguably, the 1uz is among the best petrol engines that Toyota has ever made. However, it was designed for passenger cars, not trucks/SUVs. Neat swap tho!

If you want a reliable truck for travelling stay away from anything with an engine swap. Unless you did the swap yourself at some point troubleshooting is going to be a headache you'll wish you werent dealing with. And good.luck driving it into a garage to get worked on.

If you want a reliable truck for travelling stay away from anything with an engine swap. Unless you did the swap yourself at some point troubleshooting is going to be a headache you'll wish you werent dealing with. And good.luck driving it into a garage to get worked on.
Thanks mate! This is quite true and I think I am going to pass on this one. Nonetheless I will go se it just to drive that v8 lol.

Hopefully I can get a good deal on a 105. Those things sell like hot potatoes around here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom