Thoughts on a 97 40th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1-Been looking for awhile for a upgrade to my 95 and found a 97 40th with factory lockers with 200k on the clock for $6000. Trucks clean and stock so I can swap all my stuff over. What do you guys think on the price? Wish it had less miles but its less than I have now haha.
2-Whats the difference on the 40th's besides paint and leather?

Thanks in advance
Ian

The price is dependent on the overall condition of the truck. If its current on PM and condition is acceptable to you then I'd say go for it. If it needs an axle service, brakes, oil leaks fixed, etc... then I'd talk the seller down based on condition.

Other than leather auto climate is pretty much the only difference over a standard 80 series. Well that and the badging obviously. 40th emblems and the black pearl exterior badges, two tone wheels. Personally I really like the two tone leather and I use the auto climate all the time. Others never do.

+1 what Corbet said...

Corbet said:
...and I use the auto climate all the time. Others never do.

it kinda scares me.

:eek:

I use my auto and is awesome, my 40th has 215k and has been the best vehicle. I cannot say enough. After 15yrs she is still a dream.

I have one more comment. I looked for a LC with lockers for a long time. Each time I found one I hesitated just one day on making an offer and the next day it was sold out from under me. When I found my current one I went to the guys house with cash in hand and just asked for the keys. I think 6 Gs for a locked 97 is worth it if it is in decent shape. Pull the trigger.....

Buy it!!! I own the same LC and get tons of comments and lookers. Best color choice for many, but you must be sold on the idea.

250,000 on mine, plenty of PM

I have one and paid more than $6K. I looked for about a year. If you like it and it is in good shape you should probably go for it.

If it's rust free and in good shape, it's well worth the money. 97's in my region usually sell for north of 6k.

If you like the color/condition etc, do it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom