Dealer Thoughts on a 2014 LX with 47K miles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Guys,

I'm a newb to this forum but a lurker on the website for years. Looking at getting into a second LC/LX (previous LC 100 with 255K miles ran like a champ before I sold it). There is a 2014 LX with 47K miles here local for $45K. I've seen it in person and looks really nice, full carfax records with the local Lexus dealer) but I wanted to get some expert opinions before I make an offer. What should be a target price for me (obviously the lower the better)?

https://www.searsimports.com/inventory/used-2014-lexus-lx-570-4wd-suv-jtjhy7ax5e4158878

Thank in advance.
Mike

Hi Guys,

I'm a newb to this forum but a lurker on the website for years. Looking at getting into a second LC/LX (previous LC 100 with 255K miles ran like a champ before I sold it). There is a 2014 LX with 47K miles here local for $45K. I've seen it in person and looks really nice, full carfax records with the local Lexus dealer) but I wanted to get some expert opinions before I make an offer. What should be a target price for me (obviously the lower the better)?

https://www.searsimports.com/inventory/used-2014-lexus-lx-570-4wd-suv-jtjhy7ax5e4158878

Thank in advance.
Mike
I just priced my 2013 LC with 87k for 46K. In Colorado that seems to be where they are. Not sure on the LX, I thought they were more expensive, but my wife is wanting to sell her LC and pick up a 460. I was surprised at how fast the 460 depreciated. Not sure if that carries over on the LX. I did a nationwide search and found LC's from 42K to 50K with one outlier for 40K in Texas.

That price almost seems to good to be true. I was told by an insurance adjuster that you can always get the dealer to come down 10% when they were trying to lowball me after my car was totaled and I showed them dealer prices. Basically, they took all the dealer prices and reduced by 10%. Good luck, I’d nab it if there’s no signs of rust starting.

Relatively new here, but from the research I did prior to buying my 2015LX, you're not going to do any better than that. For perspective, I paid about $7K more for a 2015 with 38k miles, and would have had to fly and drive for a couple days to do any better.

Thanks for all the input. The dealer says they can’t move off that price, which seems like a fair deal for a stealership.

Have you made them an offer close to what they are asking? I worked for different dealerships for 22 years they always have room to budge specially on a used vehicle that's were they make the big money nowadays. I was one of the vehicle inspector for the dealership for all the vehicle that gets traded and bought from auctions a lot of times the prices are still on the windshield on what they paid for it. If you are serious put in an offer worst thing they tell you is no.
;)

Have you made them an offer close to what they are asking? I worked for different dealerships for 22 years they always have room to budge specially on a used vehicle that's were they make the big money nowadays. I was one of the vehicle inspector for the dealership for all the vehicle that gets traded and bought from auctions a lot of times the prices are still on the windshield on what they paid for it. If you are serious put in an offer worst thing they tell you is no.
;)
I offered $40k and they said they couldn’t budge off the listed price....told them I’d pay cash today. We will see what they say

Former used car manager here, on my used cars, i mark up $5000 from what i trade them in for. That's for medium priced cars, on something like the LX, i might mark it up $7000, there's tons of room in there for you, but it also depends on what the dealership had to do to it, at that mileage, the technicians probably replaced brakes and tires

Cash is not a good thing for a dealer.....they make back end money on financing.

Yes and no. A dealer usually makes more on a deal that's financed, but cash is a good thing in the sense that the likelihood of a deal closing is high and usually goes through a lot faster. I recently bought a vehicle with cash, and literally from the time the ad was posted until I was driving home was under 120 minutes including a ~45 minute drive to get there. There were multiple people interested in it, but since I was prepared with cash I got it.

still looking. They dont want to seem to move on the price at all, which I get. I drove a 16 LC and now i've upped the budget a bit to try and include those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom