For Sale Thoughts? 1989 FJ62 - Missouri (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
rgb(201, 196, 196)
Hey, y'all

Wanted your opinions on this FJ62. Talking with the seller, great guy. Just doesn't seem *that* familiar with Cruisers.

"The motor has been replaced and has all new belts hoses and lines, new brakes and brake booster, band new LED headlights and an ARB full size roof rack."

Here's some video

Will be posting photos below:

***EDIT: I copy and pasted the quotes. I think he means reBUILT and not replaced. I was going to correct him and asked him to produce receipts if that is the case***

Last edited:
Interior:

interior 1.jpeg
interior 2.jpeg
interior 3.jpeg

interior 4.jpeg
interior 5.jpeg

Getting more videos of him driving highway speeds and turning steering wheel lock to lock for any noises -- will post on the Google Drive link.

Other than that, looking to get more photos of the undercarriage, especially the knuckles.

Are you guys seeing any red flags? Hard to tell, I know, but wondering if you guys think it's even worth driving down to Columbia to check out. I'm hoping to get him down on price beforehand, as well.

Any advice/wisdom would be greatly appreciated, my dudes

$10,000 for what at least in the pics looks like a decent truck.

didnt see any pics of the undercarriage...so hard to say real condition.

how about receipts for this engine replacement...that's kinda curious and would at least have me asking questions. 225K miles is just broken in...so it'd be interesting to know why it was replaced - who did it - how well it was done, etc...

the devil is in the details - but $10k isn't a bad price for a well maintained rig - especially if rust free.

*** ah - just saw the pics for body damage...that's pretty minor and shouldn't scare you off. the stickers in the window...is this a kids car? that might scare me more! **

how about receipts for this engine replacement...that's kinda curious and would at least have me asking questions. 225K miles is just broken in...so it'd be interesting to know why it was replaced - who did it - how well it was done, etc...

the devil is in the details - but $10k isn't a bad price for a well maintained rig - especially if rust free.

Yeah, I was already entertaining making the trek down there over the weekend, but just wanted to see if you guys saw any particular red flags. I'm wondering what that squeal is, too, btw. It doesn't sound like a power steering, and it's coming from inside the cabin -- perhaps a squeaky steering wheel?

Yeah, I was already entertaining making the trek down there over the weekend, but just wanted to see if you guys saw any particular red flags. I'm wondering what that squeal is, too, btw. It doesn't sound like a power steering, and it's coming from inside the cabin -- perhaps a squeaky steering wheel?

that squeal from the steering wheel is the brass pin rubbing on the horn ring contact pad... it's nothing.

Last edited:
I was talking to him about trading my rig (01 LX470). He’s just trying to get something that gets better gas mileage as it sounds like he’s moving out (guessing from his parents?). I take it he may not
necessarily know what he has. If you can get it for under $10k than I say great on you

I was talking to him about trading my rig (01 LX470). He’s just trying to get something that gets better gas mileage as it sounds like he’s moving out (guessing from his parents?). I take it he may not
necessarily know what he has. If you can get it for under $10k than I say great on you

Ha! That's great that you've been talking to him, too! Yeah, tbh, it doesn't sound like he knows a lot about these trucks, which could also be a bad thing since all of us on here know they require quite a bit of PM. Still waiting to hear back from him about some videos driving at highway speeds/lock to lock, so knock on wood!

Those dents and dinks do worry me a tad bit, but hoping a nearby bodyshop can knock out some of the dents.

*** ah - just saw the pics for body damage...that's pretty minor and shouldn't scare you off. the stickers in the window...is this a kids car? that might scare me more! **

Yeah, the kid is pretty young, which is why I was originally worried, but he said he's had it for about a year and a half. How much more damage could he have done in that amount of time compared to you wheelers :rofl:

this kind of stuff is why I kiddingly said

"is this a kids car? that might scare me more!"

The thermostat housing hose capping is no biggie. Those ports feed a water circuit in the throttle body that is known to leak. The circuit provides heat to the throttle body to help the engine in colder environments.

Uncracked washer bottle, new alternator, tires look ok (check their date code), and interior looks way better than most.

If the oil looks ok, and the ATF isn't dead, then with the prices of the 60s/62s going the way they are, that's a steal.

@MotoLx He said that he's keeping it to save up and repaint it :/ Not sure if he's just saying that to let me down easy or if he's serious, but another bites the dust ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom