Thought I'd introduce myself (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to introduce myself here. Just bought my first cruiser a few weeks ago and love it. Worked through my mom's tlc(74 fj40) about seven years ago with my dad, and get jealous every time I visit. So now I've got one of my own. Here's the specs:
1984 fj60
all stock suspension and drivetrain except for 31's
Chenowith carb
The previous owner took really good care of it and gave me a big stack of reciepts dating back about 8 yrs with all the maintenence and repairs. Runs smooth, needs suspension upgrade, ect. I'll update as the '60 progresses.
Looking for a better ride and a few inches of lift, can't spend $1200, any suggestions?
It may take me a while to get used to this forum's format. Howdy Dan if youre on here.

Thanks,
Trevor

Last edited:
WELCOME! :flipoff2: Wow! Look clean, very nice! Shackles and add-a-leafs are on inexpensive way to go. By better ride, what do you consider better? Short add a leafs will stiffen you up, long AAL's will be softer. Some don't like shackles because it tends to make it tippier, but I noticed no decrease in handling with mine, and they're 4" longer than stock, 2" lift, but they are also very thick and cross braced.

Welcome..

That is a clean 60. Looks good.

By "better ride" I mean more control on-road over bumps and in turns, and stiffer without being harsh.

Wow, really need to figure how to post pics properly on here.
I'll stick with the front shot. Sorry

Last edited:
Wow and welcome. I sure dig the blackout grill!

Nice truck! Welcome. :cheers:

welcome to the forum! nice looking rig you got there, it real purty! and no rust!
looks like a good candidate for SOA(spring over axle), which can be done in a weekend if your realy mechanically inclined and have a lot of help, or a bit of a hack. Or SOA might take you a couple months if your OCD and have to have everything perfectly perfectly perfect.NOI.

Welcome!

Nice color, the first cruiser I was going to buy was to be that same color...ended up with a white one :grinpimp: .

What part of the hill country are you in?

Meatloaf:cheers:

I currently live in San Marcos, but spend time hunting and fishing in the wimberley area. On the edge of the hill country, but that would be too long of a screen name.

How does the picture posting stuff work. Only had enough room to store one photo.

You won't get more space to load pictures unless you are a SilverStar member ($20). You might get a little more space after you post a few more times.

welcome:flipoff2:

I live here in ft. worth area but am often in Austin (Fiancee goes to UT) nice looking cruiser you have there hope to see you around we have friends in san marcus so we are occasionally there too.

Great looking rig have the same color . Now I know what mine looked like if the PO took awesome care. Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom