Those with an HDJ-81 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When i put my turn signal on, i also notice that my parking light comes on as well in the direction i'm turning. It doesn't flash just comes on and the turn signal flashes as normal. Does your's do the same?

TIA

When i put my turn signal on, i also notice that my parking light comes on as well in the direction i'm turning. It doesn't flash just comes on and the turn signal flashes as normal. Does your's do the same?

TIA

Yes, the second filament in the front marker lamp comes on when the head lights are on and the signal lights are on. (1990 HDJ81)

-Steve

This is normal, it is so you can see the pedestrian you are about to crash into in Japan's crowded streets.

Mine does the same. It's actually quite useful.

I consider it a plus. It really does what Jcolvin says but also lets me see where the curb is on dark streets. I think all SUV's should have that feature.

Kalawang

great feature for showing people wildlife:)

Ok I have spent several hours going through my wiring thinking that these corner marker lamps should signal because they have double filiment bulbs. Mine behave exactly as the OP described: the second brighter filament lights up solid (doesnt flash) when the headlights are on and I signal.

Obviously several people have commented that this is normal but is it really? What would the actual purpose of this be? I am having a hard time accepting this as proper functioning lights :confused:

You have the side signal markers as well, right?

With the flasher on the front and the very visible side blinker, I like that the corner light illuminates the curb (and everything on it like previously mentioned).

I was thinking of installing switchback LEDs in the corner lamps, but they function backwards to what I would want. I'd want amber when on, and white when turn signals are on. Every switchback LED I've seen is white when on, and amber when turn signals are on. I guess the socket could be re-wired to achieve proper results.

Thanks for the responses. I feel better now just wished I had found this thread earlier, lol. And yes I do have the side fender signal light behind the wheel well as well as the standard signal light below the headlights.

Although now that everything is already apart I am thinking I should splice a wire from the lower signal light into this corner marker so that it does signal too. Anybody got any good reason why I shouldn't??

about those side fender signals .. and kinda hijack .. I've been looking for those in clear without success .. anyone have a tip or link to share ?

I got some clear ones from MOT a while back to replace the ones torn off by branches...

I did exactly that on my hdj81 because I also noticed it had a dual filament corner light that wasn't being used so I wired it up. No problems yet and its been about 4 years.

about those side fender signals .. and kinda hijack .. I've been looking for those in clear without success .. anyone have a tip or link to share ?

I got some clear ones from MOT a while back to replace the ones torn off by branches...

David,

I've got the regular clear (not the shiny crystal clear ones) if that would work for you.

LMK if you want them!

Thanks!

Mot

David,

I've got the regular clear (not the shiny crystal clear ones) if that would work for you.

Got a pic of those you have .?

Here ya go!

ForumRunner_20130207_154408.jpg

ForumRunner_20130207_154442.jpg
ForumRunner_20130207_154408.jpg
ForumRunner_20130207_154442.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom