those ford towers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
been thinking about this one a lot.
anyone have the numbers from what works?
where did you get yours?
what are the specs/donor?
thanks

You can get them at the Ford Dealership brand new for like $11 each. The part number is E5TZ-18183-A

Travis

Using the same part number as Travis', I've just bought a set 2 weeks ago, mine costed a bit more. Basically, just walked in a Ford part counter (the 1st time in ever!) and gave the dude the number and he was able to order them, much easier than spending time in junk yard.

/td

PS: that part number is in the Cruiser Facts link, along with some other useless (but commonly asked) information...

is there any fabrication that goes along with switching to ford towers? I am in the process of doing a scout p/s conversion and have elected to go this route. (thanks to woody and his abundant knowledge)

fab, not really....worst part is drilling out/pounding free the factory rivits to get the stock tower free. My towers are only bolted in place right now, welding is on the list however...IMO, if you don't jump your rig, they will survive bolted...if you like to leave the ground, then definitely weld. I do check my bolts tho frequently, and have found them loose once.
(two bolts to install, IIRC, you can redrill one of the stock holes for installation...)

I know what you mean. I was fighting with the rivits on my stock steering box last night! its a good stress reliever when you get to pound the sh*# out of something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom