This week! USFS Public Meetings in Salida, Pueblo, Denver, and CoSprings (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
The USFS has completed a Draft Environmental Impact Study (DEIS) for public motor vehicle use within the Pike/San Isabel National Forest.
Based upon this DEIS, the USFS has developed several course-of-action options (Alternatives A, B, C, D, and E) for future motorized access. Now begins the public meeting and open comments period.

"Forest officials will host four meetings for the public to review the alternatives, ask questions and learn how to submit comments."

CommunityDateTimeLocation
SalidaOct. 8, 20196:00 PM-7:30 PMSalida Steamplant
220 West Sackett
Salida, CO 81201
PuebloOct. 9, 20196:00 PM-7:30 PMPueblo Community College
900 W. Orman Ave.
Student Center, Room 234
Pueblo, CO 81004
DenverOct. 10, 20196:00 PM-7:30 PMMindSpark Learning, West Room
455 South Pierce Street Lakewood, CO 80226
Colorado SpringsOct. 11, 20196:00 PM-7:30 PMS4 Inc. Center For Excellence
1925 Aerotech Drive
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80916

If you can attend one of these meetings, please do!

If you cannot attend a meeting, please read-up on the proposed alternatives in the DEIS.

Look under the "Analysis" tab on this webpage: Forest Service

1570629818324.png

Finally, prepare and submit a written comment before the closing date, November 4th, 2019.
You can submit comments electronically via the "Online Comment Portal":

or by mail to John Dow, PSICC Forest Planner, Travel Management, 2840 Kachina Drive, Pueblo, CO, 81008.

Thanks for putting this info out here!

My pleasure!

I'm engaged (directly and indirectly) with several groups such as CORE, COHVCO, United 4WD, and the Colorado Association of 4WD Clubs; I see lots of their crosstalk via email--analysis, ideas, positions, etc.

A suggestion for those interested, go to the CORE (from Buena Vista) website; Marcus has a "News" tab on the homepage where he's posted some relevant articles and informative short videos.

I went to the USFS meeting on Friday night; it was well attended--I estimate 100 people were present in the first hour. The format was somewhat different from what I expected. It was an "open house" type of format. There were no seats and no speeches/verbal presentations.

The FS had erected easels to display information about the five alternatives (A, B, C, D, and E). Alternative C (the USFS preferred/recommended course of action) was prominently displayed. The maps to the four other alternatives were placed on tables around the room perimeter.

The "open house" format allowed everyone to move around and view the different maps. One could easily compare/contrast different alternatives. FS employees were present and available to ask questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom