This normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems like it’s all EG or PG based. Just that the OAT has organic acid, less than 5%. I think the goo problem occurs with the true dexcool antifreeze and with running coolant low, air in system, probably many other factors too. I’m almost convinced I would have probably been ok, but I had it flushed anyway and the older formulation green EG put in it. Will continue to watch it.

On a side note, what does your rad pitcock look like? Mine was stripped and leaking and they had a hard time matching it. All the ones from the Napa’s and such had an o ring at the end and different threads. Mine had a rubber washer up by the head and 12 x 1.25 threads.

Mine had toyota red in it. Everything was corroded shut with rust and some kind of white looking clumpy crap. I dug all of it out that I could then flushed it a couple times and put in the O'Reilley's gold stuff. That was 3 years ago and it still looks good. I love toyota red in an aluminum headed motor but I'm not sold on it for cast iron engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom