This Looks better! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Replacement Winch Mocked up...

Still have to get ICBC to pay out for it... :mad: Picked it up off used vic for 700 so hopefuly it gets covered properly...
IMG00085-20110406-1725(1).jpg

Looks better?? Works is what matters!
Is that going to be big enough to drag your 40 around... :D

I suppose it's better than nothing.

I've got a big a$$ PTO winch that would look good on my front bumper... don't have the parts to make it work yet.

yeah, speaking of looks...

in the morning I'm off to check out what has been described as "a basket case winch, almost looks homemade, but has a nice 24volt motor on it.."

only a hundred bucks, so I'm curious to see what the hell it is.

Sounds like my old winch made from an WWII aircraft landing gear motor. Check it for wings...

Sounds like my old winch made from an WWII aircraft landing gear motor. Check it for wings...

Not sure what it was. just a piece of s*** not worth 100 bucks. Definitely homemade and didn't look like it had any gear reduction.
Ah well on to plan b which is probly gonna cost more.

On the bright side I got to do some funky shifting on the way home because my clutch master failed:hillbilly:

Not sure what it was. just a piece of s*** not worth 100 bucks. Definitely homemade and didn't look like it had any gear reduction.
Ah well on to plan b which is probly gonna cost more.

On the bright side I got to do some funky shifting on the way home because my clutch master failed:hillbilly:

Know what that's like... Replaced clutch slave and rebuilt clutch master with jobber parts from Gorge Auto.:D I was very pleased with the results.

I met a guy a few years ago with a home made winch with what I want to say was a radial engine starter motor... Memory is foggy though about it. Maybe the same winch? Think it was on a white jimmy...

I met a guy a few years ago with a home made winch with what I want to say was a radial engine starter motor... Memory is foggy though about it. Maybe the same winch? Think it was on a white jimmy...

Brian Robert's auto electric identified mine as a landing gear motor... Don't know for sure... Also been told it was originally 24 volt. Will easily lift the front of the truck off the ground on the top wrap. Or drag a car across a muddy farmers field.

Been told there are many around like it. The only similar one I've seen was 1/2 the size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom