1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This issue of News of the Wierd....

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by concretejungle, Aug 8, 2005.

1. concretejungle

concretejungle SILVER Star

We get this little local newspaper that has a section called “news of the weird.” It a conglomeration of news from around the world that is to say the least, bizarre. Anyways, I figured I would share a few entries with you folks. Heck, some of you might have seen some of these already.

“Least Competent Criminals – Thomas E. Mason was charged with robbing the Fortress Bank in Winona, Minnesota, in June; he was arrested nearby and identified by bank employees, but the main evidence against him was the threatening holdup note, which began, “Hi, I’m Thomas Mason…..”……….

“Smoke is Bad for You – Smoke started rising from Israel’s finance minister Benjamin Netanyahu as he was sitting for a radio interview in Jerusalem; he had stuffed his lighted cigar inside a pocket to comply with the room’s no-smoking policy.”

“Expensive Decisions – During April, according to a New York Times story, when a Japanese art collector sought to choose between Sotheby’s and Christie’s auction houses to handle a sale (which ultimately brought in $17.8 million) and quixotically asked the two houses to play rock-paper-scissors for the privilege. Sotheby’s lost out on the eventual $2.3 million commission by choosing paper. A Christie’s executive quoted one of his 11-year old daughters: “everybody knows you always start with Scissors”

There are plenty more where those came from.

2. 82-SOA-60

82-SOA-60

:rolleyes: Who doesnt use rock-paper-scissors for important decisions?

3. stevezero

stevezero SILVER Star

Ya gotta love the Rhino Times......