This is the Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So this is what I'm starting with; brought home last Saturday. '74, complete but obviously not totally assembled and in need of much effort. The F enginine is newly rebuilt. Frame looks gorgeous and the body is in very good shape from what I can tell. I'm not looking to totally restore it. Just need it comfortable, a relative term I know, and reliable enough to run through the Mojave looking for quail & chukar.
Vic
Redlands, CA.

Last edited:
Post up some pics of the rest of the tub.....

rear sill, floors, etc....you know, where all the rust collects. ;)

Poser said:
rear sill, floors, etc....you know, where all the rust collects. ;)

Ya' know, some of us live where the demon rust is not much of a problem.......:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

answer your phone....

looks like you have it in the living room.........

right where it should be :D

Looks like you have your winter pretty booked up now! Looks like a good start to a great cruiser. I think your bezel is upside down...:flipoff2:

Hi All:

Vic, you got a lot of work ahead of you if you expect to drive it during next Fall's bird season! ;)

Seriously, if you like wrenching you will not find it hard at all, these rigs are pretty simple. If the frame and body tub are solid and the engine runs well you are already well down the road!

It sounds like you plan on using this Land Cruiser for only light four wheeling, mainly running the raods and trails in arid terrain. You might consider doing a few mild modifications during the re-build to make the rig more acceptable in its new role.

Power Steering comes to mind first. The "mini truck" type PS swap is pretty close to the factory 40 Series PS system and is not hard to install at all.

What transmission do you have; three or four speed? Nothing wrong with the three speed tranny but you might appreciate the extra gear in the four speed. Also, for tires I'd suggest like a 33X10.5R15 BFG A/T; the taller tire gives the truck more ground clearance and an "overdrive" affect on the highway.

Best of luck with the project!

Regards,

Alan
Seattle

WhooHoo! Another SoCal stocker coming back to life!:bounce:

Vic, there's something about your rig that looks familiar. Has that rig been thru Ebay in the last two years? I seem to vaguely remember a red 74 moving thru Ebay from the Inland Empire that still had a 3 speed tranny in it. Is yours a 3 or 4 speed?

I got my 65swb from Redlands. Not a single broken bolt. Gotta love that climate.

Good luck.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom