This is taking OCD to extreme but there it is - Toyota Oil Filter wrench (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Toyota oil filter tool finally came from SPX after waiting 6 months for it. It is so pretty that I may not use it in fear of it getting dirty. LOL
824bf3e4.jpg
272a92cd.jpg
4630b5ac.jpg

I have had one of those in my tool box since 1979. It also fits the now-defunct 15601-44011 oil filter that was used on the 20 and 22R motors.

cdan,
Is yours still shiny clean. Bhahahaha

But seriously, the idea to get it came to me after I couldn't find this style big enough at NAPA, and I was strugling with getting the oil filter off coming from the side with regular band like wrench or a strap. This will make it a breeze...

If they have these in stock, you may want to get it. It takes forever if they go out of stock.
It is $17 plus shipping

Very few people still use the large filter.

I didn't say that..:lol:

If they have these in stock, you may want to get it. It takes forever if they go out of stock.
It is $17 plus shipping

nice price for a toyota tool ..

Was wondering if SPX made an oil filter wrench for 90915-20004 oil filter?

Toyota oil filter tool finally came from SPX after waiting 6 months for it. It is so pretty that I may not use it in fear of it getting dirty. LOL

Use your hand wuss!:hillbilly:

I didn't say that..:lol:

Really though? Are most using the smaller filters?

I have read aguments that weigh in on both sides.... what I took away was this:

Larger = more filtration
Smaller = less time to get oil to the motor

cdan - what do you use?

I'd use this when my palm grip does not work :)
craftsman_oil_wrench.jpg

I'd bet Cdan is using the smaller 'good' 20004 filter. He certainly had enough troube convincing Japan to send him his large dealer order on them!

Yup.

The small one is easier to snake in and out and it does not dump a pint of dirty oil all over the front axle housing when you remove it.

Yup.

The small one is easier to snake in and out and it does not dump a pint of dirty oil all over the front axle housing when you remove it.

That's not oil, it's an intermittently-applied-rust-minimizing-agent :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom