This is strange. Any ideas? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

New shoes for wife's '01 lx---2004 18" LC wheels from distant MUD member. Shod with Toyo Proxes street tire something or other. Improved handling, firmer ride over factory 16's and half worn LTX's. Super crappy pic, but you get the idea.

20170115_204333.jpg

Last edited:
Guess it cleared up the odd wheel issue?

I shared the above mostly to ask a question. Feel free to flame me, tell me my thought is ghetto, dangerous, trailer park---whatever. I welcome your input and I can take it.

So...despite my best efforts with the truck up on jackstands and front wheels pulled--using my eyes, tape measure, and a laser I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why the PS front wheel sticks out a solid inch more than the factory-correct DS side. Even though the truck tracks straight, handles great, and has an excellent ride, and the fact you can only see one side at a time, the aesthetics dig at the OCD side of me. I want to know WHY and can't figure it out.

To make a long post longer, what are your thoughts on me running a SINGLE 10mm spacer on JUST the DS front in order to kick it out a little further towards the fender and let me sleep at night?

Give it to me straight.

Last edited:
To make a long post longer, what are your thoughts on me running a SINGLE 10mm spacer on JUST the DS front in order to kick it out a little further towards the fender and let me sleep at night.

Run a spacer.

Just took another look at mine and it looks like my DS is slightly out further than the PS. PS does have some negative camber though. I will investigate further and report back...at some point. Lol.

I think I'll give it a shot, Mark. It's reversible easy enough. I see that a bunch of folks in the 100 section run all kinds of spacers with zero issues reported---just wasn't sure about running only one. It will probably be awhile, do I'll have to report back as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom