This is progress? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Frame came off about an hour after I shot this pic today. If the weather is right it & the tub are headed to the sandblaster, or whatever media is chosen, this week. Small steps. Patience is still a virtue, right?
Vic
Redlands, CA.

Last edited:
I know how you feel. It all looks like nothing until you get the body back on. Mine only took 3 years!

Also it looks like your engine stand in the background is pretty stout, with the straight 6 on my stand you could tell it was straining and bending under the weight!

I would like some day to do a full-on restore but I just don't have the patience right now. I'm gonna try to get it to where it looks o.k. & is reliable for trips into the Mojave. No A/C, PS, disc brakes. It just has to be, well, capable. I'm no rock crawler but some of the roads, if that is what they can be called, are pretty nasty in the desert and I've never been too picky about going out of my way to avoid obstacles. Well, maybe PS. :)
But I enjoy the process. I'm aiming for the third week in October, which is opening day for quail & chukar in my part of CA.
Paul, I was looking for a strong back about 2:30. You should see my hands. Looks like someone took a potato peeler to them.
Vic
Redlands, CA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom