This is how the rear emblems should have been placed

ogsuv

SILVER Star
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
501
Location
Madison,WI
At least in my opinion. Just removed all the chrome emblems and installed the black pearl emblems, and decided to do it my own way.

I took my time to make sure it was centered and the spacing was the same ( I have pics of my procedure if anyone is interested.

I used the dental floss method for removal

What do you think?

Oh yeah, and I have a full set of chrome emblems and a black pearl "toyota" and "v8" left over if anyone is interested.
lc emblem 002.jpg
 

Landpimp

GOLD Star
 
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
16,104
Location
Gig Harbor WA
looks good.........but ya need a bit of spacing between Land Cruiser.........as its 2 words not one...........unless your and Aussie

me I think it looks best with this on the back



but ya have to have a 45LV :D
 

ogsuv

SILVER Star
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
501
Location
Madison,WI
Thanks,

yeah, I really like the newer ones too, except the chrome border doesn't seem to line up with anything.

I debated about the spacing on the two words, I went with same spacing as the rest, and I am sticking with it, pun intended.

either way is spaced, most idiots will still call it a land rover.
 

Augie

 
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
534
I just put a newer standard chrome emblem I got from ebay on my 99 to replace the gold bling. You need to trim the 2 centering pin since 98-02 model does not have the holes on the hatch.
03 and up emblem are color matched but the dark gray matched my lower trim color and actually contrast pretty nice.
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
109
Location
Sin City
ogsuv said:
At least in my opinion. Just removed all the chrome emblems and installed the black pearl emblems, and decided to do it my own way.

I took my time to make sure it was centered and the spacing was the same ( I have pics of my procedure if anyone is interested.

I used the dental floss method for removal

What do you think?

Oh yeah, and I have a full set of chrome emblems and a black pearl "toyota" and "v8" left over if anyone is interested.


hey there i'm intrested in the black pearl emblems if you still got them?
 

ff347

 
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
962
Location
Simpsonville,SC
" You need to trim the 2 centering pin since 98-02 model does not have the holes on the hatch"

so basically, remove them and their are NO holes on ANY of the emblems of lettering?
i gotta go get the floss!
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
95
Location
Sydney, Australia
You know,

For the life of me, I would have taken bets on the fact that Landcruiser was one word on the back of my truck!....

Well I'll be buggered, you learn something new every day here...

 

Landpimp

GOLD Star
 
 
Joined
Mar 14, 2003
Messages
16,104
Location
Gig Harbor WA
yup, Land Cruiser is two words(but sometimes the space between is pretty small).........but for some reason the/you Aussies write it as one word......and AUS seems to be the only place this happens.....;)

John


Wilesy said:
You know,

For the life of me, I would have taken bets on the fact that Landcruiser was one word on the back of my truck!....

Well I'll be buggered, you learn something new every day here...

 

uzj100

 
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,914
Location
Raleigh, NC
What spec would our US based trucks be in Australia? I would love to have a GXV or GXL badge on the back of the Crusah. See it is one word.

I like the back of the newer cruisers.

uzj100
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
95
Location
Sydney, Australia
uzj100 said:
What spec would our US based trucks be in Australia? I would love to have a GXV or GXL badge on the back of the Crusah. See it is one word.

I like the back of the newer cruisers.

uzj100
The Cruisers in the US are pretty up spec compared to what we get down here, just from articles in which I have read.

The GXV has now been dropped and replaced with the GXL running the V8 engine.

The GXV was only available when the GXL was running the 4.5 liter engine configuration.

There are now 3 spec models down here, the absolute standard van, with barn doors and a live Axel front, then comes the mid spec which is the GXL, which has most of the extras which we all find as normal items today, such as Cruise Control, ABS Brakes, dual airbags, etc, etc.

The top of the line is the Sahara. This model is the same as the GXL but additionally you get Leather, sunroof, traction control, wood grain trim, front & rear climate control rather than just air conditioning, a fridge between the two front seats (Console) Satellite navigation and alloy wheels.

That's about it, though you are paying an $25,000 more for the privilege.

The Standard van retail without $5,000 dealer & delivery charges & registration, insurance etc, is $52,280

The GXL version with the V8 engine is $58,760 Diesel is $70,990

The Sahara is $80,700 in V8 and the Turbo Diesel is $91,900 which the Sahara is only available in Automatic.

The GXL and standard van are both manual transmission and auto you can add another $4,000 to the prices.

The GXL still allows you to choose everything as an optional extra which the Sahara has as standard equipment except for the traction control.

Here's a few shots of my GXL.











 

ogsuv

SILVER Star
 
Joined
Dec 18, 2004
Messages
501
Location
Madison,WI
ff437,
On a 99, there are 2 peg holes for the emblem on the tailgate, so if you remove your emblem, your stuck with the holes unless you want to do a little bodywork
 
Joined
Dec 30, 2004
Messages
17
Location
Melbourne, Australia
Landpimp said:
yup, Land Cruiser is two words(but sometimes the space between is pretty small).........but for some reason the/you Aussies write it as one word......and AUS seems to be the only place this happens.....;)

John
We aussies have the right to change it to one word as we buy more LCs than anyone else in the world! ;):D
 
Last edited:

Augie

 
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
534
The locating holes are only on the center toyota emblem below the rear wiper. There are no holes behind "TOYOTA LAND CRUISER" emblem on my 99.
 

uzj100

 
 
Joined
Jun 18, 2003
Messages
6,914
Location
Raleigh, NC
You guys get the best options. I see a sub tank button as standard equipment. I wish we had that over here. Also, anyone have a good picture of the sahara emblem? And how might I source one in silver?

Thanks,

uzj100
 
Joined
Apr 30, 2005
Messages
95
Location
Sydney, Australia
uzj100 said:
You guys get the best options. I see a sub tank button as standard equipment. I wish we had that over here. Also, anyone have a good picture of the sahara emblem? And how might I source one in silver?

Thanks,

uzj100
I saw recently a Land-Cruiser (Notice the space...) with a Grande badge on it.

Looked pretty cool as well.
 
Top Bottom