1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this has a rear locker and looks more fun than a truck --

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by erics_bruisers, Aug 22, 2006.

1. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

-- thoughts?

:D

eric

[​IMG]

2. coinless

coinless

I've looked at these as well but came back to a 4-wheeler everytime. Unless I needed a big bed like that on a ranch or large property I think a 4-wheeler would be much funner.

3. Rocknroll

Rocknroll

These things are supposed to be the hot new thing. I don't think they have enough room for me and aren't much smaller than a 40. Plus WAY more expensive thatn wha I've got in my 40 and aren't street legal. ( in OK anyway)

4. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    They are pretty fun, but have limited articulation and ground clearance and torque and it's hard to drive them to the trail... I considered buying one for my lake property, but spent 10% of the price on a rustbucket '73 FJ40 instead. It's way more fun to own than a glorified golf cart...here it is next to my Piggy...

[​IMG]

5. 76BigheadFJ40

76BigheadFJ40

I dig 'em big time. Have absolutely no justification for one other than fun. (No land=definitely no justification) But fun is sometimes all you need. That one looks like it might me a little pricey. Coolest thing about those=you roll over, hop out and flip it right back up on your own:D

6. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

to me, having a kubota diesel on anything is a pretty attractive offer --

-- it's just cool, that's all -- and you're right, it would be HARD to justify to ANYONE --

:D

7. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

I have a Kubota L3430 tractor I use daily at work. It is used as a tug for the plane I work on. It can pull 12500 lbs like it doesn't even know its there. Love the diesel engine. Very strong. Starts in cold temps very easy. Runs very nice.

Very very very

8. whodat

whodat

Media:
    Albums:
    That is not a LandCruiser either;)

9. yooper

yooper SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:

Got's my eye on one of those. I will have a Kubota tractor someday. I'll take a pic of it next to the 40 when it happens...

10. ridgerunner

ridgerunner

The crew I worked on this year used one for fire suppression purposes. It had a 75 gallon tank on the back (complete with a foam unit) complete with lights, etc.

The complete package was over $65,000.

11. Cuerno Largo

Cuerno Largo SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I looked at those, but ended up with a Polaris Ranger as I could not justify the price of the Kubota.

I got rid of my 4 wheeler in favor of the Ranger as 90% of what I use it for is work on my property and it can haul and tow a whole lot more than my 4 wheeler.

The Kubota is a pretty cool vehicle though and if you have the moolah, go for it.

12. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:
    I would rather have one of these .
    Its a Kia Ceres 4wd 1 tonner with a 2.2 mazda diesel . You can get a 92 model for peanuts and use 85 mazda truck parts to fix them
    Took one for a drive offroad once and it was so much fun sitting over the front wheels..:rolleyes::D
    They got a 5 sp and hi and lo range t/case with Aisan manually locked hubs and solid front axle.
    They get used a lot in oz in vegetable gardens ,fruit orchards ect.
    Some people people put a camper on the back and use them for gold prospecting:D

[​IMG]

13. gladly

gladly User title

my grandparents-in-law have one, it's kind of neat, but I don't know how practical it really is, it's got a pretty tiny box, and it's slow. a beater pickup would do a lot more.
    A kubota tractor, with a loader, pto and three point hitch, that's where i'd spend my cash.
    the kia is cool, there's a honda that looks just about the same around town here, presumably an outback imports rig, but I am pretty sure that it is LHD.

14. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    You know what else uses the sweet Kubota diesel? :D :D :D

Bobcat T Series track loaders. The rest of the unit sucks compared to the competition though. That's why I bought a Caterpillar. The only feature that I really liked on the Bobcats were the Kubota diesels. They are super solid mills and very reliable. Just like the Cats... ;)

[​IMG]

15. erics_bruisers

erics_bruisers

dayum -- that is a nice bucket --

-- it's more than 1/4 yard, right?

mine last weekend was 1/4 yard, and it was way too small --

-- but i don't think the JD could have handled much more a load -- :|

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">