This could be my last post :( (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's like Cruiser Dan said many years ago. An expensive SUV doesn't get cheaper with time. The cost of ownership can be steep with these rigs at times.
But how steep is too steep?

Thanks guys, you've given me a lot to think about and consider. I think I'll call around tomorrow for some more quotes and if I do have to replace it I can always sit it on the back burner (which won't cost me anything) till I come up with a solution and maybe later get it back on the road. And worst comes to worst, I'll contact the trade school I went to years ago and see if they'll repair it. Unfortunately for me there are no Cruiser clubs in my area that I'm aware of in fact in almost 14 years since I've had my Cruiser I've seen less than a hand full of 80s around here and most of them had no mods.

I do need to get something in the mean time so I can get back in he deer woods.

Normally I would agree with everyone here saying fix it. There will never again be another 80 or anything close to it. However, I think we are glossing over the fact that OP said his truck is very rusty. I'm going to go against the grain here and say don't fix it. Sell it and buy the Tundra or whatever other truck you're thinking of replacing it. Then when you start to yearn for another 80 (notice I said when, not if) find a clean non rusted one in good mechanical shape and either keep the Tundra or sell it at that point.

Normally I would agree with everyone here saying fix it. There will never again be another 80 or anything close to it. However, I think we are glossing over the fact that OP said his truck is very rusty. I'm going to go against the grain here and say don't fix it. Sell it and buy the Tundra or whatever other truck you're thinking of replacing it. Then when you start to yearn for another 80 (notice I said when, not if) find a clean non rusted one in good mechanical shape and either keep the Tundra or sell it at that point.
Yes the rust is a big deciding point and yes, that is sound advice! I guess that's why I have a cap on the repairs.

...sounds to rusty and to expensive to repair.....sell and get an early 100 series for cheap and wheel it till tires fall off

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom