This alarm is driving me nuts. 93 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I cant figure this thing out... other than how to turn it off once it has been set off.

I want to alarm to be active only when I set it. Is there any general operating tips someone can provide on this thing?

Also, is there a FOB I can get to work with this alarm. The previous owner didnt provide one and I'm not sure if they even came from the factory with them.

I'm ready to yank it out or disconnect the horns. Every time I open the door the alarm goes off unless I stick the key in and turn it twice. Every time I pull in and park the truck somewhere, I'm so paranoid the alarm is going to go off so I stand there for 30 seconds just to make sure.

There has to be an easier way.
If it helps to determine that model I have, here is a pic of the dash:
alarm.jpg

Thanks,
Larry

Yeah the pic sucks doesnt it. :flipoff2: It's from an old, larger picture of my dash which I cropped and magnified just the alarm area.

I forgot about B's site.... thanks.
I looked at his info a few weeks ago but my 80 hasnt been in my garage in almost 3 months so it was hard to do much. Now that I have it back, I'll check out his site again. I think my alarm is a previous model though.

many/most alarm systems have a valet mode, that is you can turn it off with a switch.
Mine does too, except it took me a while to figure out that the valet mode switch would only activate with the key on...
E

Lars I had the samr problem, what I did is that I cut the wire from the alarm horn, and then I threw away the remote to lock/unlock it. Now I'm just left with the key and haven't had any problems since. Keep life simple and easy, there is no need to complicate it with all the other problems you might have.

- Sammy J

It is an OEM Toyota TVSS.

I have remotes available, 08191-00870. It is likely in the passive mode and you want it in the active mode. In that mode it will only arm with the remote.

D-

Got it fixed. It needed to be set to Valet mode.

While my alarm is very similar to the TVSS on Beowulf's page, it is not the same.

Lars - I just dropped an alarm manual in the mail for Beo. It's not the same as the one he has posted but I believe several folks may have it as a dealer install. I think he's planning on scanning and posting it so you might check his site again in the future for a possible exact match. Out of curiousity, do you know where your Cruiser was originally purchased?

Jason,

My 80 was originally purchased in Marina Del Ray, Ca.

I found the manual in some paperwork the previous owner gave me. It's definately a Toyota TVSS but again, slightly different than the one on B's page. The obvious difference is the dash unit. Mine has an LED, a small glass breakage microphone and a switch for "horn defeat" and Valet Mode". The TVSS on B's page does not show the switch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom